Saturday, June 27, 2015

RadiantlyLuxeBeauty Oatmeal Stout Beer Soap



A couple months ago I posted a haul I got from Etsy. I originally ordered because there was a soap that was supposed to be a dupe of Lush Honey I Washed the Kids but then I saw this soap and decided to pick it up. The concept of beer in a soap is pretty intriguing to me.

RadiantlyLuxeBeauty claims:
Luxurious and ultra fragrant this gorgeous beer soap will quench your skins thirst for moisture! 
Oatmeal Stout scent is described as a full bodied and smooth beer fragrance blended with Creamy Oatmeal, Orange Peel, Butterscotch, Farm-fresh Milk, Nutty Almond and Rich Vanilla. (Actual fragrance does not contain milk. Butterscotch & Farm-fresh milk is used for scent description only. 
Hops contain poly-phenols, which are thought to have anti-bacterial and preservative effects. It is said that the combo of panthothenic acid and vitamin B complex has the ability to make the skin soft, smooth, & supple. Brewer's yeast also contributes to the beneficial ingredients contained in beer. It can help improve the symptoms of acne by slowing down sebum production and killing the bacteria that causes acne. This component of beer, an inactive yeast, helps maintain a balanced pH level in the skin.
Wheat germ oil is rich naturally occurring antioxidants including vitamin E and beta carotene. 
The rich vitamin E content in the oil helps eliminate the signs of aging, including wrinkles and skin sagging, by strengthening the skin’s connective tissues. The oil reduces rapid production and death of skin cells, as well as the skin irritation that accompanies dry skin, psoriasis and eczema.
Aloe vera has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, and is thought to supports skin cell regeneration.
Shea butter nourishes the skin with Vitamins A, E and F which are associated with skin maintenance to keep it clear and healthy. Shea butter's hydrating properties are chemically similar to those produced by our own sebaceous glands.



If you read my first review on the Pina Colada soap you would know I was not happy at all with it. So I was hoping to have better luck with this one. The last one I bought was underweight..this soap is supposed to weigh 4.5 ounces or more and when I weighed it, it was only 4.3. The other soap was even more underweight. I'm pretty disappointed that so far two out of four soaps were underweight!

As for the scent, when I first got it I didn't like the scent much at all...but it has grown on me. It's not at all like the description to me. It smells kind of masculine with a little bit of oatmeal mixed it, but I kinda like the scent. It's not too strong....but I can definitely smell it when I use it. It doesn't linger though!

The other soap I had by this company gave me a nasty rash- this one did not! It wasn't moisturizing but it didn't dry my skin either. And it left my skin a bit shiny looking. I'm thinking it was the beer.

The lather is nice and the soap seems to last decently!

I almost forgot to talk about about the way it looks. It almost looks like a caramel macchiato or some other coffee drink. Kind of cool but it doesn't remind me of an oatmeal stout.

The ingredients are great! I love that it has Shea Butter and a couple of other nice oils that are great for the skin.

Ingredients:
Beer, Shea Butter, Wheat Germ Oil, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Olive Oil, Aloe Extract, Palm Oil, Vanilla Bean extract, Mica, and Fragrance

Overall, I like this soap. BUT I hate that two of the soaps I've ordered from this company have been underweight so I probably would not order again.  It was nice trying a beer soap though!

No comments:

Post a Comment