Friday, October 9, 2015

Sanitize that Makeup!



I never realized you could sanitize makeup.  Or I did realize but I guess I just didn't see the point in sanitizing my own personal makeup. This coming from a girl that deep cleans her brushes religiously.  But I got to reading about the woman that contracted Staph from using her friends makeup brush (I don't share brushes) and I thought it wouldn't hurt to clean everything anyway. 

I don't think most people sanitize their makeup. To be honest, I don't think it's absolutely necessary. I never do my makeup anyway without making sure my hands are clean and I wipe anything that can get potentially get grubby.  I hate grubby makeup. But even with making sure everything stays clean- I feel like it still is possible to get germs and facial oils in the products. 

So I figured I would sanitize everything...and maybe start doing it every couple of months. I just got a spray bottle, poured in some alcohol, and spritzed everything. I wasn't sure if you could mist the powder products and lipsticks but apparently it's perfectly fine. The alcohol disinfects everything and then evaporates.  I even sprayed my MAC paint pot down. I made sure to clean off all packaging too and spritz all my surfaces.

Of course I had to swatch my eyeshadows because I was worried they wouldn't be the same afterwards. I don't want that hard top to develop on any of my products. Everything was perfectly fine though.

I was especially happy to spray down my lipsticks. Just like new.

It really did feel nice to mist everything down and I wish I had thought to do it before. I keep my eyeshadow past the "supposed" expiration dates....so I feel doing this can help prolong their life. Who wants to replace an eyeshadow palette every 1-2 years? Not I. Especially when they have the price tags of $40 and over.

Anyway, just thought I would share.

Do you sanitize your own makeup? Would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment