Monday, November 16, 2015

Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Eyeliner in 3L Review (Iridescent Navy)


Am I the only one that still plays the original Dance Central game? I'm still trying to get gold stars on all of the songs and I now have gold stars on all of the songs at the medium level! It took me long enough. I got stuck on the Just Dance/Lady Gaga song awhile ago and because I couldn't get gold stars I just put the game away. I took it out yesterday, did the song three times...and GOLD stars. It's good exercise anyway!

But anyway, on to the review. I got these awhile ago when Sephora sent the wrong thing in my order. And they let me keep it. Which is great, because I have never in my life payed $19.00 for a liner and don't really want to. But if I were going to...Is it worth $19?

Make Up Forever Claims: Iridescent Navy Blue
A creamy, long-lasting eyeliner for intense non-stop color. 

What it does:
A must have in your makeup bag, this waterproof eyeliner does not smudge or fade throughout the day. It’s formulated to glide on effortlessly, making it easy to define your eyes. Available in an array of vibrant shades, this liner is guaranteed to make your eyes pop.  

What else you need to know:
Waterproof, highly pigmented, and smudge-proof, the Aqua collection of long-lasting lip and eye colors was created for the Parisian Aquatic Ballet. Tested under water for five hours, Make Up For Ever’s longest wearing makeup has an extensive palette of high-performance colors with non-stop results. This product is fragrance free and ophthalmologist tested.

.04 ounces/Made in Germany

I didn't have a lot of hope for this liner. I didn't think it would show up noticeably blue on me. A lot of blues just look...black. But I used it anyway one day when I wanted blue in my waterline and a fuschia-purple lip. I wore it to work and my friend noticed it was blue! And that's when I started liking it. Well at least the color.

I mostly use pencil liners in my waterline and this doesn't last all day in my waterline. It's only in my waterline a couple of hours before it starts to fade in places. At the very end of the day, it's still there but it's rubbed off in places and not as vibrant as when I first put it on. 

When I use it on my top lid or any other way it stays all day. Exactly as I put it on. It smudges pretty well, which is how I like to wear it on my top lid. It's pretty smooth and glides on too! It makes an excellent blue base if you have a lackluster blue shadow you are trying to make pop. 

I really do love the color. Every now and again I use it to tight line and it makes the whites in my eyes appear brighter and whiter. Plus navy is just flattering to brown eyes in general. 

I don't have issues with sharpening it. You know how some pencils get chewed up when you sharpen? Every time I sharpen it looks like the same point it had when I received it. It says it's waterproof..and sometimes waterproof products can be a little difficult to remove. But I've never had that problem with that. I use Coconut oil to remove my makeup though.


Overall, I really do like it. Maybe not $19 like it, but when I run out I will definitely see if I can find a cheaper option. I wouldn't have normally went for a blue liner but now it's a must have. So thanks to Sephora for sending it to me!



Tight lined with it here. Plus added a bit on the outer edge of my lower lash line.

Smudged into my upper and lower lash lines.


Old pic but you can see the blue in my lower lash line.


I need to experiment more with colored liners! I really like them.





No comments:

Post a Comment