Saturday, January 16, 2016

Aura Cacia Restoring Rosehip Oil with Vitamin E


I have really been into researching different skin care oils. I think they do way more for the skin than creams/lotions that have some good stuff in it, amongst a bunch of filler nasties. I bought this from my local health food store for about ten dollars. Be sure to check for coupons online because Aura Cacia often does $1 off coupons.

Aura Cacia claims:
Sourced from the southern region of Chile, rosehip oil is extracted from the seeds of rose fruits, known as hips, and is valued as a potent skin-rejuvenator. This minimally refined organic seed oil provides the ultimate application for skin care needs. Rosehip can be used as a serum to the face after cleansing, as a general body oil to soften and rejuvenate skin, and to nourish hair. Use alone or combine with our 100% pure essential oils for added therapeutic benefits.

 Rosehip oil contains pure retinol (Vitamin A), which is best known for replenishing and restoring mature or sun-damaged skin. It also contains essential fatty acids, including linoleic and linolenic acids, which are known for their skin conditioning properties and for restoring suppleness.
1% given back to organic farmers & their communities, 


I heard that Rosehip seed oil is best for helping with wrinkles and fading dark marks. I'm almost 27 so it's never too early to try and prevent wrinkles. And since I used up a sample of Drunk Elephant's marula oil I've had a couple more scars to deal with.  So this sounded like the perfect oil for me to test out.

It's an orange oil-that smells like Vitamin E- and sinks in a lot quicker than other oils I have tried. I previously had Tamanu oil and that one is a lot more to deal with scent wise This is relatively more mild. It's said to be very hydrating and I would agree with that. I have combination/oily skin and during the day I have to make sure I only apply a small amount or else it can get greasy throughout the day. At night, it's perfect. It usually sinks in by the time I hop into bed. I find with a lot of oils, they can take hours to sink it, making me feel like most of it was absorbed by my pillow!

I've been making sure to concentrate some under my eyes. A while ago I tried out an eye cream that gave me fine lines around my eyes when I smile. They are gone now.  

I've also noticed some of my acne scars fading. I mostly have them around my chin and cheek area and the ones around my cheek have faded very well. It's helped some on my chin, I just need to remember to rub it in better to that area. I tend to focus it more on my cheek and forehead area. 

They do mention that it should be kept in the refrigerator. To be honest, I don't. I figure the bathroom is cool enough. And if it was in the refrigerator I would probably never use it. 

It is organic. Most of Aura Cacia's skincare oils are. It makes no difference to me whether it's organic or not. I just want the oil to be cold pressed and in it's raw state to get the most benefits out of it.

Ingredients:
Reship oil, Vitamin E

Overall, I love it! Definitely a favorite and I would recommend it to anyone with dry, mature, or scarred skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment