Monday, January 18, 2016

Samples Review- Giorgio Armani Supreme Reviving Cream, Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser, Lance Absolue Precious Oil

I haven't done a sample review post in quite awhile. I kind of forgot about them to be honest. Until I got my hands on a couple more samples and realized I need to do this post. They are all skincare. Skincare samples are the easiest to write but probably not the most accurate reviews. I feel like you have to use a skincare product for a minimum of 30 days to decide if you like it, which is how long I wait when I review full size items. But some of these things are quite ridiculously priced and I know I'm NEVER going to purchase them so I figured I may as well write what I thought the one or two times I used them.

Here we go!!!




This moisturizer costs over $300 for just over 1.5 ounces. Expensive! So when I saw this in the samples section when I ordered from Nordstrom, I figured that would be my only chance to try it. They give a small amount that I have stretched to three applications. It's a very light weight creme that sinks in quickly and smells pretty good. I wore it under makeup and my skin didn't become as oily as it usually does with moisturizer. But I had shiny pores when I looked up close at my skin. I looked up the ingredients to see what was so special and came across some story about a plant that looks dead and revives completely with one drop of water. Ummm...yeah ok. Then I looked up the rest of the ingredients and wasn't impressed at all. It worked nicely on my skin but didn't perform any miracles. I would pay ten bucks and no more for it. The packaging looks nice though...but when I pay for skincare I want good stuff IN the bottle, not a $300 (really probably like $20) jar and cheap ingredients. 


Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser
I've had this particular sample multiple times, but I've never done a mini review. It has a couple of unique things about it, it warms and it's black because it contains charcoal. It's not all natural like I prefer...but I'll try almost anything that's free. It does warm, for about a second. The sensation does not last. And it clean OK. I found I still had foundation on my face after using it when I followed up with my clarisonic using water only. It doesn't smell that great either. I do think it helped clear out some blackheads I had on my nose though. I think it's Ok for blackheads, other than that I wasn't too impressed. Maybe it works better over time?


Lancome Absolue Precious Oil



Another very expensive product ringing in at $185 for one ounce. Safe to say I would never purchase it. I was kind of surprised that they are pretty generous with the sample and you get a couple days worth because you only need to smallest drop. I've used it for a couple days and still have a couple days left. It's an "oil" that smells really nice. Usually I hate rose fragrances but this smells quite nice. Probably to make it feel more expensive than it is. It does have some good ingredients but the very first one is cheap CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE followed by quite a few different oils. Some nice, some, some cheap. I really can't see why it's priced at $185. It does go on nice, and sinks in relatively quick. When I use it at night, I wake up oily. During the day, it hasn't been too greasy though. It has made my skin dependent on it. I skipped applying anything after washing my face and my skin was 100% drier with some nasty dry patches. Applied this and I was good to go. I think over long term it ends up making skin dry and dependent on it. I would rather have something that improves my skin over time. If it was cheaper (15?) and was made with grapeseed, argan, or some other nice oil...I would probably like it. As is? Nah.



What do you think? Tried any of this stuff? Let me know in the comments!




No comments:

Post a Comment