Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Charlotte's Coffee Cake (Princess and The Frog Recipe)



Who even knew Charlotte could cook? I thought Charlotte was quite spoiled based on her character in the movie....but she was still pretty likable. 

I haven't made a coffee cake since I was in high school. I used to think coffee cake had actual coffee in it. Not that it was something to accompany a morning or afternoon coffee. Now I know!

 Back to my very first coffee cake. I wasn't very good at baking. And I threw it together and put it in the oven, then went out with my friend for around 3 or so hours. I completely forgot I was making a cake. Luckily my family was home and my dad pulled it out the oven so it didn't burn too bad. In addition to trying to bake cakes for three hours, I couldn't even boil water. I would boil it until it all evaporated.

These days I'm a much better baker. Even so, these are recipes in a children book. They aren't very complicated. It was easy to throw together, and the cinnamon swirl was fun to do. The cake came together quite nicely. It's not something I will make again though. I liked it, but I didn't love it!



Click here for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment