Thursday, January 14, 2016

MAC Cyber Lipstick Review


Ahhhh, purple lips! I love them. MAC Cyber was not my first attempt at purple lips. I had the dupe for this years and years ago (Wet n Wild Vamp it Up) but I ended up throwing it away. The packaging is cheap and the lid would not stay on ,so mine ended up nasty. I had to throw it out. I was showing my sister a youtube video and the girl in the vid had it and we both thought it was beautiful. Next thing I know, she got it for my birthday! I was very excited to see it!

MAC claims:
Formulated to shade, define and showcase the lips, M·A·C Lipstick is available in hundreds of hues and high-fashion textures. It's the iconic product that made M·A·C famous.
How to use: Apply directly to lips.

  • SATIN (S): Color-rich. Soft satin, semi-matte finish. Conditions while adding intense color.

Has anyone else noticed how MAC has been raising the prices every year? I remember when they used to cost $14, now they are $17. I used to think they were high then...now I probably won't purchase until I use one up or back to mac for it. Or of course, if it's a gift! 
It's a little more blackened than it photographs.

So like I mentioned, I'm no stranger to purple- I tried on the Wet N Wild a million times but was never brave enough to wear it out. This time around I just went for it. I've worn blue out. Why not purple? MAC describes it as an intense blackish purple. And that's exactly what it is on me. I have seen it change on other people and look very reddish purple depending on undertone. But that's the beauty of everyone looking different- we all get different results!

It's a satin finish-I think Wet N' Wild was matte because it dragged on my lips! I like the satin finish better. It seems a bit more wearable and doesn't look as dry. It's very easy to apply. Sometimes I will use a lip brush and do the thin layer-blot- another thin layer...which makes the color apply more evenly. But it looks very nice applied straight from the tube. I don't find it fussy at all. It's very pigmented and doesn't take much. 


As for the wear time,  it wears decently through the day until I eat and the center wears off. As long as you don't eat and drink- your fine. Soon as you do either, make sure you touch it up. I wish it left a stain behind like MAC's Girl About Town so it's not so obvious when it's wearing off. 

It's not drying at all for me either. But I do apply some lip balm a few minutes before and wipe it off before application.  It's important to wipe if off because I find when I leave it on, it goes on patchy!

My favorite way to wear it is with some matte neutral eyeshadow. I usually have some sort of glitter or shimmer but I find having matte shades on my eyelid allows the lipstick to be front and center. 


It comes in the ultra sleek MAC bullet. I like the packaging. No complaints there.


Just for comparison I swatched it with NARS Volga, and Clinique Grandest Grape. 
MAC Cyber, NARS Volga, Clinique Grandest Grape

Overall, I love it. It's one of my favorite colors. I'm very happy I received it for my birthday! Thanks, little sister :).

Is Rihanna wearing Cyber here? Sure looks like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment