Thursday, March 17, 2016

Urban Decay Sidecar Eyeshadow Review


I'm back with another review from the Urban Decay Naked palette. This time with Sidecar. Whenever I come across a name that I have no idea what it means I look  it up. Usually on Urban Dictionary. There are many interesting definitions but the one I'm going with is the sidecar cocktails. According to Urban Diction it is a cocktail invented around 1918 in either London or Paris. To make it, you take eight parts brandy or cognac, mix with two parts orange liqueur (Cointreau, Grand Marnier, or another triple sec), and one part lemon juice. To serve, you mix the ingredients in a shaker half-full with ice, then strain and serve in a sugar-rimmed glass, and finally garnish with a strip of lemon rind. You can also use vodka, bourbon, or gin in place of the brandy and/or cognac.  Have you ever had it?

But let's get to the review portion of this post. 

Urban Decay describes this color as a "beige with silver micro-glitter". 

For the most part I agree. But there are hints of gold and brown. It's a very pretty color and extremely flattering on brown eyes. It might have been my favorite color if it weren't for the glitter.

Don't get me wrong, I love glitter. When it stays put on my eyelid. This glitter does not. It ends up all over my face no matter how careful I am applying it. It might work with a glitter primer. Maybe.
 Both pics- NYX Peach Bronze, Urban Decay Last Sin, Urban Decay Sin, Urban Decay Chase, MAC Woodwinked 

On my eyelids I can't skip primer. It's a very soft shadow. Pigmented and applies evenly. But creasing and fading happen within an hour on me. Primer definitely helps. But it's still not one of the longest wearing shadows in my collection. 

It fits pretty well with the other colors. I can easily pair it with Hustle and Dark Horse for the palette. I think I prefer it more with Hustle though. 

In the picture I am wearing it with Dark Horse. In person it looks better. It looks so muddy in the picture. 

I really love the color. But the fact that it doesn't wear well and glitter ends up everywhere makes it one I don't reach for unless I'm forcing myself.

You can purchase it separately for $19 or in the Urban Decay Naked palette that retails for $54-but I wouldn't recommend it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment