Thursday, April 28, 2016

40 Beauty Questions Tag


I know, I know, I'm always late on these things- but I have fun doing them regardless. So I found this one and it's pretty old. 

How many times do you wash your face daily?
Twice a day in Spring/Summer when my skin is more oily. In the winter I just use water in the morning and soap in the evenings.

What skin type do you have? (dry, oily or combination)
Combination. 

What is your current facial wash?
Auromere Sandal-Neem Ayurvedic Soap


Do you exfoliate?
I used to but haven't in awhile. 

What brand do you use?
N/A

What moisturiser do you use? 
Rosehip Seed Oil, Cocoa Butter, and Shea Butter on rotation

Do you have freckles?
I don't but I think they are beautiful.

Do you use eye cream?
Whatever I use on my face, I also add to my under eye area. But nothing specific for that area.

Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
Yes, I get breakouts occasionally and have a couple on my chin right now.

Did you ever use ProActiv?
Nah.

What foundation do you use?
NARS Sheer Matte in Macao. I'm a one foundation at a time type of person. I'm kind of getting bored with it as it tends to last me a year and I'm ready to move on. But I have a couple more months of foundation left. 

How about concealer?
Makeup Forever Concealer Palette in the darkest shade. I don't use it everyday so it's been lasting forever. 


Do you know your undertone colour?
Neutral to Yellow/Extremely Warm. Took me forever to figure it out. I used to wear red undertone and wonder why it always looked off.

What do you think of fake eyelashes?
99% of the time I see them they look tacky. They are nice if applied well though.

Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
I do know that. Most containers say six months. I'm terrible and tend to throw them out only when they are done. 

What brand of mascara do you use?
Right now I've got a mini tube of Too Faced Better Than Sex.


Sephora or Mac?
Who can choose? I love em all! 

Do you have a MAC Pro-Card?
Nah. I'm not an artist, just an enthusiast. I wish.

What make-up tools do you use in make-up application?
I use them all. I rotate between all the brushes I have, so I can get my moneys worth and not feel like I'm being wasteful. 

Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
It's a must. I expect my shadow to last until I wash it off and Too Faced Shadow Insurance has been making it happen. 


For the face?
I'm using Benefit Professional and it's not working out too well for me. I don't like it.


What is your favourite eye shadow? (Colour or Shade)
Such a hard question! I have many favorites. Let me think.....NYX Extreme Apricot. Just for the color. I never thought I would love red until I tried it.


Do you use pencil or liquid eye-liner?
Both. Depends on the look, but I don't wear either too often.

How often do you poke your eyes with an eye liner pencil?
Not often. I don't think ever actually. But mascara is a whole other story.

What do you think of pigment eye shadows?
Love them. As long as they don't come from Maybelline. I really want to try out some Indie brands.

Do you use mineral make-up? 
I have. I tried out Bare Minerals a few years ago, but it made my skin itchy. The color match was amazing though!

What is your favourite lipstick?
MAC Heroine. A friend gave it to me. Every time I wear it I get compliments. It's beautiful, so much so that I don't wear it often because I'm "saving" it.

How about lip gloss? 
Right now I'm really into Black Radiance Lip Gloss in Golden Sands. It makes everything glossy and pretty. 

What is your favourite blush?
NARS Lovejoy. It goes with basically everything.

Do you buy make-up on e-bay?
Nah. Too many fakes on eBay with yucky ingredients. Rather not take that chance.

Do you like drug store make-up?
Heck yes! Who doesn't?

Do you go to CCO's? (Cosmetic Company Outlets)
I've been a couple times. It's kind of far from me now. And I don't need to buy anymore makeup for now.

Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
I would love to! For now I'm learning from certain youtubers and books.

Are you clumsy in putting on make-up?
No. 

Name a make-up crime that you hate?
Overdone makeup. I believe in minimal product for maximum result. The way many people cake it on ends up aging them.... horribly.

Do you like colourful shades of make-up (lipstick, eye shadow) or neutral tones?
Yes, I'm all about color. Life is too short to wear neutrals all the time. 

Which celebrity always has great make-up?
Rihanna doesn't always have great makeup...I would say most of the time though. She wears a variety of makeup very well. I've pinned many of her looks.

If you could leave the house with just ONE Make-up item, what would you use?
Concealer. I have some hyper pigmentation and like to cover it a bit. 

Could you ever leave the house without any make-up on?
Yes. 

Do you think you look good even without any make-up on?
Yes. Makeup is fun but it's important to love yourself and any percieved flaws.  

In your opinion, what is the BEST make-up line?
The best? I don't think think there is the best. Every line has strengths and weaknesses. If they have a selection of deeper tones foundation they get extra points in my book.

What do you think of Make-up?
I love it! It's just another way to express myself and see how other people express themselves. It is art after all!

Those forty questions kind of flew by. I was thinking it would take longer but here we are at the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment