Friday, April 29, 2016

Brown/Bronze Eyeshadow Swatches/Collection

I'm a Game of Thrones Junkie. I've read all the books and I was extra hyped for the new season last Sunday. It kind of fell short for me though. I don't know if I've been watching too many predictions for the show but I felt like nothing really happened. SPOILERS: We know Sansa ran away from the castle with Theon from last season. Don't get me wrong, I love Brienne fighting off Ramsay Snow's dogs. But she's in the exact same situation as before. As for Jon Snow, I'm devastated he's dead, but I already knew he died-although I was hoping otherwise. A whole lot of nothing happened with his situation. And then the end of the episode with Melisandre being a super old woman. The episode was called the red woman...and I didn't really learn too much about the Red woman.Anyway, I'm hoping it gets better. But let me stop rambling and start swatching.

 I have no idea how many brown shadows I have but I'm thinking it's a lot. I've been putting off swatching them. So let's get started.


1. L'oreal Sassy Duo- I think this duo is discontinued now but they really should bring it back! It has a dupe of Mac Satin Taupe. Which I would want if I didn't have this. It's a beautiful taupe with some purple to it. One of my faves!

2. L'oreal Intrepid- This is a brown/green duo chrome that sometimes people thought was blue when I wore it. I've had it for years and just popped the top  to find this shadow nearly empty. I love it and really don't want to use it up but I think I will have to. And I think I'll add MAC Club to my wishlist to replace it with one of these days. 

3. Urban Decay Downfall- I really like this light warm brown. I'm kind of wondering why I never use it. I'll have to remedy that soon.

4. Urban Decay DTF- A muted cooler brown with silver sparkles. I used to use it all the time and remember loving it. 

5. Urban Decay Brokedown- I wore this the other day. It's a brown with a ton of gold shimmer that makes it appear bronze. Pretty color but hard to get on the lid unless you use a finger.


6. Urban Decay Lucky- I don't think I've ever used this one. It's a nice shimmery brown though.Would be perfect for a brown smokey eye.

7. MAC Embark- I bought this because I was looking for a nice warm, orangey brown. I'm not sure what happened. I think I got tired of navigating the MAC site. But that's OK because I love this deep brown. It pairs well with the NAKED palette.

8. MAC Mystery- I think they discontinued this shadow, which sucks because it's perfect for my eyebrows. I don't use it unless I want to look extra nice. Otherwise I use my Too Faced brow kit which I kinda hate, but gotta use it up!

9. MAC Brown Down- Warmer than mystery but still shows up really cool on my eye. It's good, I just don't reach for it often.

10. Too Faced Behind the Piano Keys- A very grey cool brown. The texture of this so so nice. 

 11. Too Faced 525 Market- Maybe more red than brown....but I'll include anyway. I really need to wear it more, it's beautiful!

12. Smashbox Sumatra- A very cool deep brown. So far I haven't been able to make it work, but I keep trying. It swatches patchy but it doesn't apply patchy.

13. Smashbox Sable- Looks warmer in the pan but goes on quite cool with some grey to it. 

14. Smashbox Roast- A reddish brown with lots of gold shimmer. Haven't worn it yet...but soon!

15. Smashbox Juniper- Not as pigmented as I thought it would be but I like the color for more neutral makeup days. It's almost like Satin Taupe.

16. Smashbox Cabernet- Looks burgundy but goes on my eye as a purple-brown. 

17. Urban Decay Naked- Lightest brown ever. I don't really like the color.

18. Urban Decay Buck- Goes on my eye looking much more shadowy then it swatches. It's one of my faves.

19. Urban Decay Smog- My favorite bronze shadow. Easy thing to slap on and go...love it!

20. Urban Decay Dark Horse- A deep dark brown with gold shimmer. Tends to look muddy on me when I mix it with other shades in the Naked palette. 


21. Urban Decay Toasted- This always gets overlooked because I reach for Smog over this always. But it's OK. It's a purple/pink/brown shimmer.

22. Urban Decay Hustle- Another one that makes mud on my eyes usually. It's a very pretty brown with purple undertones.

23. Too Faced Truffled- One of my favorite browns. It's not too warm and not too cool. It has the biggest dip in my Semi-Sweet palette.

24. Too Faced Cocoa-Chili-A warmer brown with gold sparkle. Sparkle doesn't transfer. 

25. Too Faced Puddin'- A pretty cool brown. 

26. Too Faced Peanut Butter- An orange brown that I just knew I was going to love...until I didn't. It's not pigmented on me and takes a ton to build up. You can barely see it in the swatch.

27. Too Faced Frosting- A shimmery golden brown. I have a ton. Too many actually. 

28. Too Faced Rum Raisin- Kind of like the L'oreal Sassy one....except the L'oreal is more pigmented and easier to work with.

29. Too Faced Mousse- Another cool light brown with less gray to them. Most colors like this tend to look gray on me.

30. Stila Umber- Never used it. A very deep brown with a bit of sparkle. I need to at least try it out!


31. Smashbox Bourbon- Pretty much looks matte on the eye. A deep brown...almost black.

32. Urban Decay Bitter- Much better than Too Faced Peanut Butter. I don't reach for it much because I'm kind of scared to use it up. Although I'm sure there are dupes.

33. Urban Decay Delete- I've only used this a few times, but I do like it. A nice neutral brown.

34. Urban Decay Radar- One of my absolute favorites. Mine is in the Vice 2 palette. It's a pretty sparkly brown. Love it!

35. Urban Decay Derailed- I don't use it much because I'm almost saving it. These are my favorite type of browns. 


36. Urban Decay Ambush- Another lovely brown. Shimmery and warm. 

37. Urban Decay Rewind- Yet another cool brown. Little bit of gray. It's excellent quality though. From Vice 2. 

38. Urban Decay Nameless- I'm tired of swatching these..but I persevere. This is a nice taupe/gray brown. Gorgeous.

39. Urban Decay Backdoor- I really like this shade.It's a deep brown but goes so well with other browns I use from Vice 2.

40. Urban Decay Deeper- How many shimmery golden browns can a girl have? This one is almost golden bronze. A little different. Kind of.....not really though.


41. Too Faced Gilded Ganache- Most people will say this is green. It's a brown to me though..with a hint of green and gold shimmer. But it looks a lot more green in the photo. 

42. Too Faced Milk Chocolate- Another cool brown. I use it a lot for mixing.

43. Too Faced Tripe Fudge- Great for darkening up looks.

44. Too Faced Semi-Sweet- I love this color. I use it all the time. It's got quite a dip going.

45. Too Faced Hazelnut- Lovely color..but I always reach for other golden colors in the palette.


46. Too Faced Black Forest Truffle- I barely use this color. It almost seems to have hard pan. I need to do better. I think I need to fix it and give it some love!

47. Too Faced Haute Chocolate- Another pretty reddish bronze brown shade. Love it!

48. Too Faced Amaretto- I could have put this with reds but I forgot. I love this color too!

49. Too Faced Cherry Cordial- I didn't discover how much I loved this until recently. Lovely color...especially with Salted Caramel.

All swatches done on bare skin without primer.

I don't need another brown shadow as long as I live. I really have them all and then some.

Well, I'm off to do a brown smoky eye to make myself feel better about owning all these browns.