Friday, April 29, 2016

Brown/Bronze Eyeshadow Swatches/Collection

I'm a Game of Thrones Junkie. I've read all the books and I was extra hyped for the new season last Sunday. It kind of fell short for me though. I don't know if I've been watching too many predictions for the show but I felt like nothing really happened. SPOILERS: We know Sansa ran away from the castle with Theon from last season. Don't get me wrong, I love Brienne fighting off Ramsay Snow's dogs. But she's in the exact same situation as before. As for Jon Snow, I'm devastated he's dead, but I already knew he died-although I was hoping otherwise. A whole lot of nothing happened with his situation. And then the end of the episode with Melisandre being a super old woman. The episode was called the red woman...and I didn't really learn too much about the Red woman.Anyway, I'm hoping it gets better. But let me stop rambling and start swatching.

 I have no idea how many brown shadows I have but I'm thinking it's a lot. I've been putting off swatching them. So let's get started.


1. L'oreal Sassy Duo- I think this duo is discontinued now but they really should bring it back! It has a dupe of Mac Satin Taupe. Which I would want if I didn't have this. It's a beautiful taupe with some purple to it. One of my faves! (PANNED)

2. L'oreal Intrepid- This is a brown/green duo chrome that sometimes people thought was blue when I wore it. I've had it for years and just popped the top  to find this shadow nearly empty. I love it and really don't want to use it up but I think I will have to. And I think I'll add MAC Club to my wishlist to replace it with one of these days. (PANNED)

3. Urban Decay Downfall- I really like this light warm brown. I'm kind of wondering why I never use it. I'll have to remedy that soon.

4. Urban Decay DTF- A muted cooler brown with silver sparkles. I used to use it all the time and remember loving it. 

5. Urban Decay Brokedown- I wore this the other day. It's a brown with a ton of gold shimmer that makes it appear bronze. Pretty color but hard to get on the lid unless you use a finger.


6. Urban Decay Lucky- I don't think I've ever used this one. It's a nice shimmery brown though.Would be perfect for a brown smokey eye.

7. MAC Embark- I bought this because I was looking for a nice warm, orangey brown. I'm not sure what happened. I think I got tired of navigating the MAC site. But that's OK because I love this deep brown. It pairs well with the NAKED palette.

8. MAC Mystery- I think they discontinued this shadow, which sucks because it's perfect for my eyebrows. I don't use it unless I want to look extra nice. Otherwise I use my Too Faced brow kit which I kinda hate, but gotta use it up!

9. MAC Brown Down- Warmer than mystery but still shows up really cool on my eye. It's good, I just don't reach for it often.

10. Too Faced Behind the Piano Keys- A very grey cool brown. The texture of this so so nice. 

 11. Too Faced 525 Market- Maybe more red than brown....but I'll include anyway. I really need to wear it more, it's beautiful!

12. Smashbox Sumatra- A very cool deep brown. So far I haven't been able to make it work, but I keep trying. It swatches patchy but it doesn't apply patchy. UPDATE- Really grew to like this, great formula, sort of green undertone, went well with a lot of shimmery brown and even matte looks. PANNED

13. Smashbox Sable- Looks warmer in the pan but goes on quite cool with some grey to it. Doesn’t really suit my coloring on my lids, except to blend some colors out. It makes an amazing contour color though. PANNED

14. Smashbox Roast- A reddish brown with lots of gold shimmer. Haven't worn it yet...but soon! The glitter is annoying in this (TRASHED)

15. Smashbox Juniper- Not as pigmented as I thought it would be but I like the color for more neutral makeup days. It's almost like Satin Taupe. (PANNED this, ended up not a fan of it.Barely
any pigmemt)

16. Smashbox Cabernet- Looks burgundy but goes on my eye as a purple-brown-looks so dull on the eye. (TRASHED)

17. Urban Decay Naked- Lightest brown ever. I don't really like the color. (PANNED)

18. Urban Decay Buck- Goes on my eye looking much more shadowy then it swatches. It's one of my faves. (PANNED)

19. Urban Decay Smog- My favorite bronze shadow. Easy thing to slap on and go...love it! (PANNED)

20. Urban Decay Dark Horse- A deep dark brown with gold shimmer. Tends to look muddy on me when I mix it with other shades in the Naked palette. (PANNED)


21. Urban Decay Toasted- This always gets overlooked because I reach for Smog over this always. But it's OK. It's a purple/pink/brown shimmer.(PANNED)

22. Urban Decay Hustle- Another one that makes mud on my eyes usually. It's a very pretty brown with purple undertones. (PANNED)

23. Too Faced Truffled- One of my favorite browns. It's not too warm and not too cool. It has the biggest dip in my Semi-Sweet palette.  (Panned)

24. Too Faced Cocoa-Chili-A warmer brown with gold sparkle. Sparkle doesn't transfer. 

25. Too Faced Puddin'- A pretty cool brown. 

26. Too Faced Peanut Butter- An orange brown that I just knew I was going to love...until I didn't. It's not pigmented on me and takes a ton to build up. You can barely see it in the swatch.

27. Too Faced Frosting- A shimmery golden brown. I have a ton. Too many actually. 

28. Too Faced Rum Raisin- Kind of like the L'oreal Sassy one....except the L'oreal is more pigmented and easier to work with.

29. Too Faced Mousse- Another cool light brown with less gray to it. Most colors like this tend to look gray on me, doesn't help the quality it terrible on this.

30. Stila Umber- Never used it. A very deep brown with a bit of sparkle. I need to at least try it out! (TRASH)


31. Smashbox Bourbon- Pretty much looks matte on the eye. A deep brown...almost black. Can look very dark and patchy as the day goes on. (TRASH)

32. Urban Decay Bitter- Much better than Too Faced Peanut Butter. I don't reach for it much because I'm kind of scared to use it up. Although I'm sure there are dupes.

33. Urban Decay Delete- I've only used this a few times, but I do like it. A nice neutral brown.

34. Urban Decay Radar- One of my absolute favorites. Mine is in the Vice 2 palette. It's a pretty sparkly brown. Love it!

35. Urban Decay Derailed- I don't use it much because I'm almost saving it. These are my favorite type of browns. 


36. Urban Decay Ambush- Another lovely brown. Shimmery and warm. 

37. Urban Decay Rewind- Yet another cool brown. Little bit of gray. It's excellent quality though. From Vice 2. 

38. Urban Decay Nameless- I'm tired of swatching these..but I persevere. This is a nice taupe/gray brown. Gorgeous.

39. Urban Decay Backdoor- I really like this shade.It's a deep brown but goes so well with other browns I use from Vice 2.

40. Urban Decay Deeper- How many shimmery golden browns can a girl have? This one is almost golden bronze. A little different. Kind of.....not really though.


41. Too Faced Gilded Ganache- Most people will say this is green. It's a brown to me though..with a hint of green and gold shimmer. But it looks a lot more green in the photo. 

42. Too Faced Milk Chocolate- Another cool brown. I use it a lot for mixing.

43. Too Faced Tripe Fudge- Great for darkening up looks.

44. Too Faced Semi-Sweet- I love this color. I use it all the time. It's got quite a dip going.

45. Too Faced Hazelnut- Lovely color..but I always reach for other golden colors in the palette.


46. Too Faced Black Forest Truffle- I barely use this color. It almost seems to have hard pan. I need to do better. I think I need to fix it and give it some love!

47. Too Faced Haute Chocolate- Another pretty reddish bronze brown shade. Love it!

48. Too Faced Amaretto- I could have put this with reds but I forgot. I love this color too!

49. Too Faced Cherry Cordial- I didn't discover how much I loved this until recently. Lovely color...especially with Salted Caramel.

All swatches done on bare skin without primer.

I don't need another brown shadow as long as I live. I really have them all and then some.

Well, I'm off to do a brown smoky eye to make myself feel better about owning all these browns.






No comments:

Post a Comment