Saturday, April 30, 2016

Game of Thrones Cod Cakes

As you probably already know I'm a big fan of Game of Thrones (I talk about it all the time!), and have been trying out different recipes since I discovered the recipe blog. I'm starting with the Northern recipes..and have made some that were great and others not so much. This fell into the "not so much" category.

I've never had a cod cake, so this was new for me. I made the Roman Cod cakes this go around and next time I think I will try out the modern version. I have had crab cakes and I wouldn't really say I was a big fan of those either. They just don't do it for me.

These were pretty easy to make and I followed the recipe pretty exact except for Lovage root. I still have no idea what that is or where to find it. The cakes were easy...but the gravy was gross. I left those off. I threw mine on a salad and called it a meal. A very healthy meal.

I discovered a new veggie I really like through this recipe...LEEKS. I had a lot of Leek left over so I ended up stir frying them with some grilled chicken and soy sauce. It was ridiculously good. 









I wouldn't make them again but yay for trying something new...right?




No comments:

Post a Comment