Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara Review




The newest trend in makeup is color correcting and you see it everywhere!! Except I feel like color correcting really shouldn't be a trend. If you have severe discoloration or dark circles...by all means color correct it. But I've seen so many "guru's" correcting issues they really don't have. Plus the extra layer of needed product can lead very quickly to cake face.  I don't know why I'm talking about color correcting on a review about mascara, I guess it has just been on my mind. 

Today I'm reviewing a pretty popular mascara. I did a mini review of it, but I figured I may as well do a full review with pictures and all that jazz!

Too Faced claims:
An intensely black, volumizing mascara with an hourglass-shaped brush that separates, coats, and curls each lash to voluptuous perfection. 

What it does:
Inspired by the curves of a woman’s body, the hourglass-shaped brush was designed with extra stiff bristles to maximize the performance of this carbon black, collagen-fueled formula. One coat and lashes are full and defined. Two coats and lashes are even more luscious, curled, and dramatic. Three coats help you achieve the most intense, black, multidimensional lashes possible. 

I'll start off with packaging. I do have the travel size...which retails for about $12. Or you can buy the full size at $23. I received two of these at a giveaway in my BX a long time ago. They gave all the "losers" the travel version and a nail polish. I was a very happy loser because I had heard a couple people raving about it and wanted to try it for myself. It comes in a pink metal looking plastic tube. I think it's packaged cutely- but there's only so much you can do with mascara packaging. 

The brush is shaped different than your traditional wand. The middle of the brush curves in a bit.  It has traditional hair, which I prefer to plastic bristled mascara wants. I'm not sure the shape of it helps in the application, as I find if I'm not careful I can really make a mess on my lid. But it does build volume and length in one quick coat. Which is my favorite thing about it!
 BeforeMascara
After Mascara
It is a bit clumpy. So it's definitely not a mascara for everyone. I find the wand comes out loaded with product, so I tend to have to scrape it on the side just to get the excess off. 

The color is perfect. It's a nice dark black. 
Kindly ignore the uni-brow. I really need to do something with my brows. Oh, well.

I have naturally curled lashes, this helps curl them a little more and hold it all day. I'm not sure how it does on naturally straight lashes. 

It wears very nicely through the day. I do find at the end of the day it looses a little of the va-va-voom look it first had at the beginning of the day. But it's minimal. It still looks great! 

I find it has a tendency to flake off, but that's only when I play with my lashes. If I don't mess with it, it's fine! It is easy to remove at the end of the day, I just massage a little coconut oil in my eye area and then wipe it all off with a wash clothe before I wash my face.

Overall, I love it because of the volume and length it gives in one coat. Plus I don't mind a little clumping- I feel it helps make the lashes look thicker. But I can understand how that might not be a look everyone goes for. If that sounds appealing to you, I think it's worth a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment