Tuesday, April 12, 2016

NYX Exotic Green Eyeshadow

I wrote a couple months back about how much of a hard time I have wearing green eyeshadow. But I have too many greens to not wear them, so I decided to dig out a shadow that I haven't used in years and see if I couldn't do something with it.

The shadow is by NYX and it's called Exotic Green. It's one of their older shadows that is discontinued now, but they have a couple similar greens in their current eyeshadow selection. From what I can tell Rehab is pretty similar.

I did a review on this particular shade a couple years back. I wore it a couple times and didn't really like the color or the way it wore. It creases and faded like crazy. I don't know if it's because of the primer or the fact that I apply in layers now but it lasts until I'm ready to wash it off now. And I LOVE the color now. I did a little googling and it's supposed to be similar to a NARS shadow called Night Porter. It does look very similar from I can see of swatches online. 

I basically just put it all over the lid and blend it out with Urban Decay Buck. I actually think I prefer it without the Buck. And then I placed a lighter gold/green shadow in the center and blended it in. I add a bit to the bottom too. 


I love wearing this look with taupe/brown clothing. Something about the green and brown. Anyway, I love this look....and I'm glad I've found a way to use it because it was just sitting in my drawer unloved!


The rest of what I'm wearing is:
Face
NARS Sheer Matte Foundation
NARS Lovejoy Blush
Benefit The Porefessional
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer (as setting powder)

Eyes;
I don't know where that random glitter came from...

Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eye Primer
NYX Exotic Green Eyeshadow
Urban Decay Buck
Too Faced Too Face Loves the Cast

Lips
Makeup Forever N2

My brows are struggling...I'm growing them out and determined to learn to shape them myself. So please excuse them!



No comments:

Post a Comment