Saturday, May 21, 2016

Nars Exhibit A Blush Review



It took me awhile to get into blush. Mostly because I had no idea what colors would look good on me. Most advice says to find a color similar to what you naturally flush. But having brown skin, I don't tend to flush. Except maybe once or twice in my lifetime. This first time I was in the 5th or sixth grade and we lived in Iceland. I went outside to play on the big piles of snow. We would climb to the top and sled down. I was out there for hours and when I went in, my cheeks actually had a little bit of color to them. Kind of a red color. Which is actually kind of similar to the effect this blush gives me.

NARS claims: 
The ultimate authority in blush, NARS offers the industry's most iconic shades for cheeks. Natural, healthy-looking color that immediately enlivens the complexion. A light application of even the highest-intensity hues delivers a natural-looking flush.
  • Silky texture in matte and shimmering shades
  • Micronized powder ensures soft, blendable application
  • Iconic NARS shades
  • matte red blush


I wanted this because out of all the peach/pink/rose blushes on the NARS display, this just stands out. It's not a very common color. So naturally I gravitated to it. I swatched it every time I went past he NARS counter. Eventually I decided I was just going to go ahead and get it but then my mom ended up paying for it as a Christmas gift. YAY!

It's a matte red orange shade, a lot more red than orange. Exhibit A is super pigmented, so you only need a little. It's also extremely easy to blend out. If you go light-handed enough it looks pretty natural but it also looks great with a just a tad more. And although it looks very intimidating in the blush pan, I've seen it look great on the palest of skin to the deepest. 

It wears better the more I build it up and when I set it with powder I find it lasts all day that way. Otherwise I notice some fading at around the 6th hour or so. 

The most surprising thing about the blush is the amount of looks I can wear it with. I mostly pair it with warm eyeshadow....but I have noticed it looks great with some purple and blue looks. I only have a problem pairing it with grays and extremely cool blues. As for lips, I find it wears well with most of my lip colors if used lightly enough, while still giving a bit of color to my face.


It's one of my favorite blushes.

The packaging is sleek. I noticed a lot of complaints about the packaging getting dirty but I've never had that problem. Wiping them down with some rubbing alcohol should help keep it in top condition. 

NARS blushes are made in Canada. They cost $30 for .16 ounces. In comparison MAC blushes will run $22 for .21 ounces and Urban Decay are $26 for .23 ounces. They are quite a bit more money than most blushes, but you need so little so it should last forever. I've used this quite a bit and you can hardly tell! 

I went a bit heavier so it would pick up on camera, but it almost clashes with my shadow now. But you can kind of see what it looks like on me. Ignore the bushy brows per usual. Still growing them out.

So even though it is one the pricey side, I do feel it is worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment