Thursday, May 19, 2016

Auromere Sandal-Turmeric Soap with Organic Neem for Oily-Normal Skin



Yet another soap I came across in TJ MAXX. I love how you can find such interesting soaps made all of the world there. I've found soaps from Thailand, Spain, Scotland...you name it! I was drawn to this particular one because I was experimenting with Turmeric face masks and found them to be nicely brightening. Plus I've heard sandalwood is really great for the skin. 

Auromere claims:
Ayurveda ("Ayur" = Life and "Veda"=Knowledge) is the ancient holistic science of India which aims at a total harmony of Mind, Life, Body and Spirit in balance with nature's rhythms and the world around us.
For countless generations in India, a simple blend of Sandalwood and Turmeric has been applied to the facial skin in the form of a paste to preserve youth, beauty and a flawless complexion.  Auromere's Sandalwood-Turmeric formula combines the naturally astringent, purifying and cooling properties of Sandalwood with the complementary cleaning, softening and toning properties of Turmeric and 20 other indigenous Indian oils and herbal extracts used traditionally for optimum care, nourishment and preservation of the skin, including Neem.  The cold-pressed coconut oil base provides a rich, creamy lather that gently conditions while it cleanses, leaving the skin soft and fresh.

The first thing I noticed about it was the scent. It smells very nice...exacly how I would imagine sandalwood to smell. I say that because I haven't smelled actual sandalwood on its own. I've smelled it mixed because it's used in a ton of perfumes. The scent is very nice and relaxing and it kind of sticks around for a bit after your done using it. I could really get used to the scent!
My bar looks a little crazy because I spilled castor oil all over it. Oops!

I use this as a face wash-although you can absolutely use it on your body and I'll probably by a bar just for that one day. It's a smaller bar at 2.75 ounces but the price is great at just under $3. 

This lathers really nicely and rinses away clean. It gets off all of my makeup and doesn't irritate my skin at all. It just does exactly what I want it to do. I haven't had a problem with it causing acne either.  I do feel like my skin has been a little less oily lately. I still get a shiny nose but it's not as bad as it can be. I like that while it cleans my skin, it isn't very drying. I still need to moisturize but my skin doesn't get flaky or itchy if I don't moisturize it immediately after washing. 

The packaging is nice too. It comes in a cute little box which is what drew me to it in the first place.

The soap is handmade in India. It is non-gmo, vegan, rainforest friendly, gluten free, paraben-free, cruelty-free and biodegradable. 

And I love the ingredients. They are mostly oils and herbs. Some of them I have never heard of but with a little googling I found they were really good for the skin. I also love that they tell you the coconut oil is cold-pressed, which means it retains more of it's healing benefits. 

Ingredients:
oconut oil, sunflower oil, purified water, alkali, castor oil, sandalwood oil, sesame oil, Vitamin E, hydnocarpus (cactus) oil, organic neem oil, vitamin E (certified non-GMO), rice bran oil, Indian beech oil, Indian butter tree (madhuca indica) oil, neem bark, dhub grass (cynodon dactylon), Indian gooseberry (amla), turmeric, peepal (bodhi tree), Indian licorice root, celastrus seed, corallocarpus epigaeus, nutgrass, zedoary, Indian madder root, costus, mung bean, and fenugreek.


Overall, I really like it. Especially for the scent. I will definitely be trying out some more of their soaps. It comes in Tulsi-Neem for dry to normal, vanilla neem for aging/delicate, Himalayan Rose for sensitive skin,  and Lavender for all skin types so they pretty much have everyone covered. 




No comments:

Post a Comment