Monday, May 9, 2016

Urban Decay Smog Eyeshadow Review

I've really been liking reviewing each shadow separately. Especially because it makes me realize my true favorites...like this shade. 

Urban Decay claims:
Insane color payout. A velvety, suede-like smoothness and blendability. Our mind-blowing formula delivers unmatched performance in a stunning array of shades

This is my favorite shade in the Urban Decay Naked palette. When I first got the palette I would reach for it everyday, usually just for Smog. It's my perfect all over the lid shade. I don't need any other shade to go with it. I was using it so much I got kind of scared I was going to hit pan so I completely backed off of it and just stopped using it. Looking at it now, it barely has a dip in it, but I wasn't sure how deep the pans in the Naked were. 


Urban Decay describes it as a deep coppery bronze. I would just call it a golden bronze. The perfect golden bronze. The shadow is smooth and pigmented and very easy to apply. Without primer, I get about 6-7 hours of perfect wear before it starts to fade. Probably longer on normal days, because the day I tested it, I was walking outside in the rain. With a primer (Too Faced Shadow insurance), it lasts until I'm ready to take it off. 

When I do pair it up with other shadows in the palette, I like to use it with Hustle. I just blend a small amount in the outer corners and I love the way it look. It looks...OK with Dark Horse, but just a tad muddy. Of course there are countless other ways to wear it, that's just one of my favorite simple ways. 

For comparison: Too Faced Frosting (Semi-Sweet),  Urban Decay Smog, Too Faced Hazelnut (Chocolate Bar), Smashbox Nutmeg, 

It does come as an individual shadow at $19 for .5 ounces. The Naked palette contains Smog at full size, plus 11 others for $54 dollars. So it can be much more cost effective to get it in a palette


Overall, one of my favorite shadows and definitely one of the highlights of the Naked palette for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment