Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Turkey Meatballs

My second time making meatballs...this time healthy meatballs. Although I don't think meatballs can be unhealthy...can they?

This was another Gwenyth Paltrow recipe. I think I've tried two so far, and neither of the two have been very impressive. Yet I continue to make them anyway. I have a couple I went through the trouble of clipping from a magazine, so I figured I may as well at least try them.

The strangest thing about this recipe is that there were no eggs, they stuck together well regardless but I always thought you needed eggs to act as a binder. They do have a bunch of veggies and fresh herbs. And they definitely tasted like it. I love arugula, basil, thyme and sage. And I'm a big fan of arugula salads. But I'm not a fan of parsley, which may have thrown the entire recipe off for me. Oh, and the onion flavor was very strong. I almost felt like it was way too much onion.

You can throw them in tomato sauce, which probably would have been OK, but I just threw mine on a salad as I often do when I make things like this. I've never had meatballs on salad so it was a definite first for me. It wasn't bad, but not something I would go out of my way to do again.

I don't think this will be the recipe I turn to when I'm in need of meatballs but it was interesting to try.  The best thing they had going for them is they are healthy.

Click here if you want to try the recipe for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment