Monday, June 13, 2016

Urban Decay Toasted Eyeshadow Review


Urban Decay definitely seemed to like picking names with similar meanings in the Urban Decay Naked palette ex: Half-Backed and Toasted. Definitely stays in line with the "Beauty with an Edge" slogan. I know the names bother some people, it doesn't matter to me either way, I think it goes with their marketing. What do you think? Like the names, Hate them?

Urban Decay claims:
Insane color payout. A velvety, suede-like smoothness and blendability. Our mind-blowing formula delivers unmatched performance in a stunning array of shades

Urban Decay describes this color as a shimmery antique copper penny. I would describe it as a cool medium rosy brown.It's available in the Naked palette (12 shades for $54) or as a single for $19. Both are full size at .05 ounces. 



It's very pigmented as most UD shadows are. I find I get around 6-7 hours of wear without primer before it starts creasing and fading. I get about an hour longer than that with primer. The humidity/weather is definitely affecting wear time for me and I would get better wear in the winter. I also find it really helps to layer it on instead of piling it all on at once. 

In relationship to the other colors in the palette, I don't think it goes well with the other shades. I tried it with Hustle and Dark Horse and it just looks muddy. I tend to like mixing shimmers with dark matte colors anyway, which are definitely lacking in the Naked palette. My favorite color to pair it with is MAC's Embark. But I think it would go nice with a matte medium, rosy or slightly purple brown. Which my collection is missing. 
Urban Decay Toasted with a little MAC Embark in outer corners. The flash kind of muddied it, but it was fine in person.

I found when I first got the palette I would constantly reach for Smog over Toasted. I would completely forget Toasted was even in the palette. After making myself use Toasted, I realized definitely prefer Smog. I think it's a very pretty color, but on me it's nothing special. I have seen it look great on other people though. Just one of those things, I guess. 


L'oreal HIP Sassy Duo,Urban Decay Toasted, Too Faced Rum Raisin, Urban Decay Nameless

Some shadows from Urban Decay are vegan, this is not one of them. I don't have the packaging for my Urban Decay naked palette anymore, but these are the ingredients as listed on the Urban Decay website. 

Ingredients:
Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Zinc Stearate, PTFE, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Tin Oxide. May Contain: CI 77019 (Mica), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 75470 (Carmine). 

Overall it's not a bad shade but it's not a must have for me. If I ever used it up, I wouldn't miss it. 


SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment