Saturday, July 23, 2016

Cedar Ridge Soaps Lavender Patchouli Goat's Milk Soap and Shampoo Bar



I feel like I haven't blogged in about a week. Actually that might be true. Sometimes I just feel like I don't have anything to review, although I know that's hardly ever true. Today I have a soap review. Every now and again I like to try things from a new company..and it never hurts that it was on sale. 


Cedar Ridge claims:
Lavender is warmed up with the earthy scent of patchouli in this caramel-colored goat's milk soap with lavender buds.

I had been eyeing this company in my local health store for awhile. But I have never seen it on sale. Then all of the sudden...ten percent off! Into the shopping cart it went. The price was just under three dollars down from the $4.59 price- they are $5.50 on the website, for reference.

I love almost any scent combined with Patchouli. This bar didn't have any distinct scent in the store...I really couldn't smell hardly anything until I brought the bar home. Then I caught whiffs of the Lavender with just a hint of Patchouli. I really liked the scent, but unfortunately it barely carries over in the shower. Then it just smells like a slightly scented generic type scent. I find that to be true of most soaps scented with essential oils though. 

The lather is nice. Great with a washcloth but I find I feel a little cleaner just using the bar. I don't find it dries my skin at all. In fact is seems quite moisturizing. If I skip lotion it's no big deal.

I did try it out as a shampoo. I really liked it that way. It really cleaned my hair but I wouldn't recommend skipping conditioner. Especially if you have thicker, drier hair.

All that being said, the most frustrating thing was the packaging said you are supposed to get 4.5 ounces of soap. Mine was underweight. I weigh most of the soaps I get, just out of curiosity. Most companies tend to give you just a little more than they say on the packaging. Maybe my bar was an exception..I don't know. It's hard to see in the photo but the weight is 4.3.


The ingredients are great. All things I love to see in my soaps. There are little Lavender buds in the soap, but I barely noticed them in the shower. I did check out their website, where you can learn more on the products. If I had seen the products online I probably wouldn't have ordered, only because I like companies that list all ingredients and they don't. 

Ingredients:
Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Water, Olive Oil, Rive Bran Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Goat's Milk, Castor Seed Oil, Lavender Oil, Patchouli Oil, Lavender Buds.

I liked it more as a shampoo bar and may purchase one in the future exclusively to use in my hair...hopefully it is the weight it claims on the packaging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment