Thursday, August 4, 2016

Urban Decay Gunmetal Eyeshadow Review


I've been doing Yoga lately. Have I mentioned how hard Yoga is? I attempt it on and off throughout the year but never stick with it since I like variety. Nothing reminds me my body is not nearly as strong as it could be as yoga does. I lift little hand weights every now and again but nothing get's it like Yoga. My body is hurting and cracking like never before. But I'm going to stick with it. At least for the next month. Pray for me. 

Urban Decay eyeshadow  claims:
An innovative eye shadow that delivers a lasting, high-pigment, velvety finish that lasts. 
This eye shadow features even softer, velvety texture and richer, more decadent color. Sweep on smoother, more uniform pigment and blendability, and longer-lasting, more crease-free wear. 

Dark metallic grey with silver micro-glitter.

The last shade in the Naked palette. And for sure the odd one out. The other shades kind of make sense but not this one. All the other shades are beige, browns, bronzes, and golds. Then you have the random cool grey-blue shimmer shade with glitter. I was pretty excited about this shade when I first got it...but I found out I have another grayish shade I like a ton more than this one. It's Urban Decay Barracuda from the Black palette in case you were wondering. That one suits me better. And because I prefer that one, I would rather not use this one. 
Smashbox Asteroid, Urban Decay Gunmetal, Urban Decay Barracuda

Pigmentation is great. Wear time runs in anywhere for 4-6 hours without fading or creasing on me depending on the weather. That's without primer. With a great primer you could probably make it last all day. One issue I have as far as wear is glitter fallout. Not as bad as Sidecar (also in the Naked palette) but worth nothing.

I like to pair it with a matte grey shade to make an OK grey blue smoky eye. I don't think it goes particularly well with the other shades. On my skintone at least. I've seen other people use it as a crease color etc and it look amazing but glitter/shimmer jus doesn't work that way for me. It gets out of control pretty quickly.

It's available as a single $19 for .05 ounce. Or you can get it in the $54 Naked palette that comes with 11 other full-sized shadows.

Ingredients: 
Talc, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Methylparaben, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben. 

Overall, not my favorite shade. It's another color I could do without in the Naked palette. Grey just isn't my color.

No comments:

Post a Comment