Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Biggs and Featherbelle Momma Bar Soap Review


Hope you all had a great labor day weekend! I know I sure did. I found some wild persimmons growing wild in the backyard (in North Carolina). I didn't even know North Carolina had wild persimmons, I thought they were from Asian countries. Not really sure why I thought that. They were really small and had large seeds. But the flavor! They almost taste like Juicy Fruit bubblegum....but better. Much, much better. I had fun eating all I could pick- which wasn't much because all the ripe stuff was at the top of the tree. But it was fun anyway! I wish I would have taken a picture. 

Biggs and Featherbelle claims:
ahhh....lavender...
Key Ingredients
Olive Oil:
moisturizes & easily absorbs, does not clog pores
Lavender essential oil:
one of the most useful & versatile essential oils that relaxes, soothes, tones & is an antiseptic


I feel like I've tried all the natural Lavender bar soaps this year (I know, it's not possible!). Of all of them, this is definitely my favorite. The Lavender smells like Lavender. Nothing cheap and nasty here. And it smells strong enough that I can smell it when I'm in the shower. Lavender is supposed to be a great scent for relaxing and calming so it's great for night showers or just days when you are feeling overwhelmed. I didn't used to like lavender, but lately I can't get enough. 

I bought this from the bulk section in my local Wegmans. You just grab whatever hunk of soap you want and pay for it by the pound. Mine was heavier and I paid almost $4 for it. It doesn't come with the packaging (which is cute!), but I don't mind. It does come in a little brown paper bag with the logo on it though.

The soap itself is off white, with a couple purple swirls in it. Not as pretty as another soap brand I buy (Zum Bar) but it looks nice enough. The lather is nice and it gets you clean without stripping the skin. 

Almost forgot, I did try it a couple times on my face and it makes a nice facial bar. I will probably buy one to use on my face exclusively sometimes in the future. 

As with all their soaps, they are completely natural. Nothing I can't pronounce or don't know what it is! 

Ingredients: 
Distilled Water, Saponified Oils (Olive, Cocount & Palm), Vitamin E, Alkanet Root Powder & Lavender Essential Oil

If you are in the market for a nice Lavender soap, this is definitely one to try. This and the Lemon bar are my favorite from the brand. If you are looking to buy it online, I would recommend comparing prices. On  heir site the bars go for $6 a piece, but I've definitely seen other sites where they are priced at nearly half that! It pays to shop around.

What is your favorite Lavender scented thing? Let me know in the comments! 



No comments:

Post a Comment