Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Physician's Formula Eye Booster Eyeliner+Serum Review



Generally I stay away from Physician's Formula. They are one of the brands that like to pretend Women of Color do not exist, and so I usually do them the same courtesy. Their deepest shade is usually "beige". I wouldn't have picked this out (my Uncle actually got it for me for Christmas!) but I think I remember a friend wearing it and really liking it on her. Also I saw a couple tutorials using it for very graphic looks and it looked pretty awesome, so I had to try for myself.

Physicians Formula claims:


  • High-tech formula enhances the appearance of lashes while providing the instant definition of a liquid eyeliner, in one easy step! 
  • Lash Boosting complex targets the base of lashes where it is most effective.
  • Innovative and easy to use eyelining tool delivers effortless definition. 
  • High-tech Japanese formula is long-wearing, water-resistant and smudge-resistant.



  • I won't beat around the bush. I love this eyeliner. I've had MAC Fluidline, Revlon Colorstay, and various eyeliners and this is definitely my favorite.

    It's very easy to use. It's quick. It's super black. And it lasts all day. You can do thin or thick lines.  And it hasn't dried up yet. I opened it over a year ago (didn't really use it) and it's working just fine now. 

    It's supposed to grow lashes, but honestly I don't care about that. If you want longer thicker, lashes, use castor oil! Plus I'm not really sure which of the ingredients is supposed to grow lashes, but whatever!

    It's your usual packaging. Well, it is the "nice" plastic. And I love the little felt tip it has. It feels like quality packaging. No complaints there.

    It's a bit more on the spendy side at almost $11. Especially for being a drugstore brand after all. But I'm going to say it's worth it. Plus if you keep an eye out you can usually get it on sale.

    It's hypoallergenic, cruelty free, fragrance free, paraben free, safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers. 

    Ingredients:
    Water. Ethylhexyl Acrylate/Methyl Methacrylate Copolymer. Butylene Glycol. Glycerin. Beheneth-30. Ammonium Acrylates/Methyl Styrene/Styrene Copolymer. Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17. 1,2-Hexanediol. Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer. Caprylyl Glycol. Ceteth-20. Ethylhexylglycerin. Pentylene Glycol. Polyglyceryl-3 Disiloxane Dimethicone. SD Alcohol 40. Sodium Polyaspartate. Phenoxyethanol. Sodium Hydroxide. Disodium EDTA. Black 2. Iron Oxides. - See more at: http://www.physiciansformula.com/en-us/productdetail/eyes/pencils-liners/07366.html#sthash.hDzKcf9f.dpuf


    Overall, I still don't like the company. Love the eyeliner. Probably won't repurchase though and will look for something similar from another company.
    Ignore my brows and ashy looking eyeshadow..they look awful!

    Random: Have you heard about Colourpop naming colors meant for deeper skin "typo" and "yikes"? 
    And here I was thinking they were one of the good brands! I've never placed an order with them, and thinking now I never will. I agree with this article wholeheartedly! 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment