Friday, September 23, 2016

Too Faced Sun Bunny Bronzer Review




I'm panning yet another bronzer. So I thought I would try and squeeze in a review of it...because why not? Too Faced has a very extensive range of bronzers. Most of them are not great for brown skin. They are way too light. But they do have one...Dark Chocolate Soleil,  but I haven't heard very much about it. Have you tried it?

Too Faced claims:
Every bunny looks gorgeous when they powder up using our complexion-boosting Sun Bunny bronzer. The secret to this amazing bronzer? The pink undertone mimics the flush of a natural tan, keeping your look fabulous, not faux
  • Universal Shades: Perfect for all skin tones to provide a rich, deep tan.
  • Can be used to shape and contour, or to produce an all-over rich glow.

I would never have bought this on my own. It came in my Too Faced Loves Sephora palette. 
First color on it's own, then the second, and all mixed together!

Like I said, it's way to light to be a bronzer on my skin tone. It's more a highlight, glowy color for me. Their are two separate colors, a light slightly orange bronze color, and a deeper one. You can use them separate, but I just mix them all together. Mixed together it looks mostly like the deeper color. 

It's not completely matte. It has some very subtle shimmer to it. Which makes it great for a very, very subtle highlight on my skin. And when I say subtle, I mean subtle. It really doesn't emphasize pores unless you pile it on. Sometimes I just put it on a fluffy brush (Real Techniques Blush Brush) and brush it all over my skin lightly. Other times I put it on a smaller brush and put in on the areas you  highlight, like down the nose, inner corners of the eye, cheekbones, etc.

I couldn't tell you how long it wears. I have oily/combination skin that takes on a glow of its own after a couple hours. It's hard to distinguish between if my "glow" is the product, or just my natural oils. 

I don't love. Probably would not pay the thirty dollar price tag for it. But I like it enough to use it up without it feeling like a hassle. The original comes with .35 ounces in cute packaging. In my palette I have .28 ounces. 

This bronzer is made in the USA (not all Too Faced products are!), and Too Faced is a cruelty free brand. 

Ingredients:
ngredients: Mica, Talc, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid. May Contain/Peut Contenir/(+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Manganese Violet (CI 77742). *Formulated without parabens

See? Very subtle. Ignore my smoky blue eye. I keep trying but they never come out nice on me :(


So overall, not a must have. I feel like I can find something in the drugstore that will give similar results at a better price point.


No comments:

Post a Comment