Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Walnut Oil For Face



Continuing on with trying to use up some of the oils I have, I thought I would try out Walnut. I ordered it from Wholesale Supply Plus. It is the Crafters Choice Brand. I can't remember exactly what I paid for it, but the price now is around $2 for 2 ounces. Not a bad price, especially just to sample it. The shipping was kind of high so I would suggest ordering multiple things if you were considering ordering from the site. 

Crafters Choice claims:
Very high in Vitamin C which is thought to aid in the reduction of wrinkles and fine lines by supplying the skin with nutrients needed for collagen synthesis. Thought to add moisturizing and anti-inflammatory attributes to formulations. Quick drying. 

Juglans regia (Walnut) Oil

It doesn't exactly say on the website whether the oil is refined or not. or even how it was extracted. I didn't pay too much attention at the time, but the best oils are cold-pressed and unrefined. They don't last as long and you must refrigerate them, also they are more expensive but better for the skin. 

The color you see on the website is not the color you get. It's a rich reddish brown but what you get looks like the typical canola oil or safflower oil from the cooking oil section in your grocery store. I wss pretty confused about that. It does have a bit of a scent. Nothing too bad, just vegetable-y. Like a typical oil smell. Don't expect a Walnut scent! I used it as it was for awhile, then I ended up adding about 5 drops of Lavender and a drop of Patchouli to make it smell nice. I really like that combination.
 Says Rosehip, but trust me, it's Walnut! 

It comes in your typical plastic bottle. I re-homed mine it a 1 ounces glass bottle with a pump to make it a bit more user friendly. 

Walnut is supposed to have a whole heap of benefits for skin and hair. It's supposed to fight fine lines and wrinkles, powerful antioxidant to prevent free radical damage, promote shiny hair, prevent hair fall, and promote hair growth. It also has a high vitamin C content ,which is excellent for skin. It makes my skin smooth and moisturized. And it does absorb completely after a couple minutes. Some oils can seem to absorb, then make my skin oilier later in the day. This doesn't do that, although I'm sure it would be better for my skin in Winter. I tend to use it mostly at night, although I can get away with small amounts in the daytime. 

I think it would be most ideal for normal to dry skin.

Since using it I feel like my skin is more even-toned overall (could be the effect of the sun though), smooth, and moisturized. I haven't had any problems with dry patches, which I sometimes do get, even with my oily/combination skin. As for fine lines and wrinkles, I haven't noticed any new ones so that's always a good thing. 

I had great luck with the Rosehip Oil fading marks and thought this would be great to continue fading them. I notice my newer marks fading very well, but it doesn't do anything to help older marks in my chin area- not that I expected it to! It hasn't caused any breakouts, I only get the once a month mark that I always get now.

Overall I've really been liking it and will happily use up the rest of the bottle. I think I would prefer Rosehip oil just because it does fade marks, but if I didn't need that, I would stick with this. 

I have about an ounce left for other purposes, I've already used a bit in my DIY Body Cream. I think I will use the rest in my hair and see how that goes. 

Have you tried Walnut Oil? What did you think? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment