Monday, September 12, 2016

Schmidt's Bergamot + Lime Deodorant Jar Review



I've been using natural deodorants for about a year now. I've detailed my experience switching to natural  deodorant in another post. I started of with Primal Pitt Paste and the just started making my own because it tends to be more on the expensive side. Not to mention it is very irritating to my pitts. I was pretty happy to come across Schmidt, because it seems similar to the Primal. I paid about $4 for it in TJ MAXX. I saw it one other time but didn't purchase because it had been opened and it looked like someone stole a chunk out if it (WHY?). This one hadn't been messed with, so it went home with me. 

Schmidt claims:

With its bright citrus scent, Bergamot + Lime is a true pleasure to wear.

Award-winning formula naturally and effectively neutralizes odor and wetness.
• Easily absorbed. Non-greasy, non-sticky feel.
• Free of aluminum, propylene glycol, parabens & phthalates.
• Helps absorb wetness naturally without the use of aluminum.
• Certified Vegan & Cruelty-free. Gluten-free.
• Packaged in elegant and sustainable glass jars.
• Made in Portland, OR, USA.

The have about nine different varieties that include different scents, an unscented, and one for sensitive skin. Mine is the Bergamot Lime, which smells sooo good. Like limes. Not very strong and definitely does not stick around. But I do like the scent. 

The list price on the site in $8.99, so I definitely got a bargain. 

The problem?  It does not work for me. At all. Ok, maybe it does work for about an hour and a half, but that doesn't cut it. I can reapply, but who wants to apply that often? And who can afford that anyway! And forget about working out with it on!

But maybe it works better in Winter? But everything works better in Winter.

The good news is it doesn't irritate my arm pits at all. Which is a good thing? Do you know how mad I would be knowing this doesn't work AND it irritated my arm pits? I would be livid. 

It does come in a cute glass jar though. With a little spatula. They do have the stick form of it, for those interested in trying it but maybe don't like deodorant in jars. The texture is like refined waxy shea butter and you can kind of feel the baking soda throughout it. It does rub in and absorb very easily.

So yeah, it doesn't work. But the ingredients are great. All natural, recognizable, pronounceable, yada, yada, yada. Made in USA. Easily recyclable. Vegan. Cruelty Free. All the stuff I like. 

Ingredients:
 Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda), Maranta arundinacea (arrowroot) powder, Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, Citrus bergamia (bergamot) essential oil, Citrus aurantifolia (lime) essential oil, Tocopherol (vitamin E)

Overall, I would never, ever, ever, ever, buy this again. It just didn't work for me.  I would buy the Primal Pitt paste again before this. But more than likely I will try a completely different brand next go round.  

Have you tried out a more natural deodorant? Did you like it? Would you recommend it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment