Saturday, March 4, 2017

Lux Naturals Calendula Citrus Spice Soap Review



I'm just sitting around waiting for some eggs and butter to come to room temperature, so I figured why not do a blog post? Awhile back I had Lux Naturals Blackberry Sage soap which was amazing. I loved that soap and couldn't wait to get my hands on more. Finally, nearly a year later and here we are. I've never used a calendula soap before, but calendula is known for it's healing and soothing properties. So I figured why not give it a try?

Lux Naturals claims:

Sweet citrus, a hint of cinnamon with healing and soothing Calendula.
4.2 oz.


It didn't have much of a scent in the store and I have no idea what Calendula smells like so I wasn't sure what to expect. The descriptions aren't in the store either so it's quite a guessing game. If I had read the description beforehand I would have probably skipped this soap altogether. It's citrus and cinnamon. I love the two scents separately, but never together based on a body wash I had from The Body Shop years and years ago. It was like Orange Spice or something like that. I hated that scent. I don't hate this as much as I hated that. It's a more gentle mix which is good. But I still don't really like it. It's just not the combination for me.

As for the soap, I find Lux to be on the more creative side of the looks with their soaps. It has a yellow layer, and then a soap layer with what I assume to be actual calendula. It provides a bit of very gentle exfoliation. And the top is sprinkled with the flowers. Most will come off but a little will stay to keep the soap looking interesting.

The soap lathers well, cleans extremely well, and doesn't dry my skin. And it takes longer to melt away than most natural soaps I have come across-which is a plus! 

It's also all natural! Some of their soaps are scented with fragrance oils, and some are scented with essential oils. This is one of the essential oil ones. So great for your skin ingredients and a little aromatherapy in the am- or pm depending on when you use it.

Ingredients:
Ingredients: Saponified- Coconut Oil, Palm Kernel Oil, Calendula Infused Olive Oil, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Organic Sustainable Palm Oil, Castor Oil. Avocado Oil, Jojoba Oil, Essential Oil Blend (Contains Cinnamon), Annatto Seed, Iron Oxide Pigment, Dried Calendula Petals.


Scent really makes or breaks a soap for me. I would opt for the Blackberry Sage over this, but I certainly don't hate it. I just prefer some of their other soaps more. 

Now to get baking! I'm making an Afghan sweet bread. My first time trying to bake sweets from the middle east. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment