Friday, March 3, 2017

Badger Sore Muscle Rub Cayenne And Ginger




I've been turning to natural alternatives for all sorts of things- headache-sniff some peppermint oil, feeling sick-raw honey and lemons, stressed-lavender oil, pain-castor oil. I could spend hours in the health stores beauty/health aisle. But I haven't tried as much as I want to, I'll get around to it eventually. I do have a habit of  working out for a couple months, then taking a long a break and then coming  back, I thought this looked like a good product to try or have on hand, for when I got the inspiration to work out again.

Badger claims:
  • Cayenne Pepper and Ginger gently soothe sore muscles. 
  • Smells great and softens skin; definitely not your typical smelly sports rub!
  • Perfect for before and after exercise, or as part of a relaxing massage. 
  • Rich in powerful skin-nourishing antioxidants found in essential oils of Rosemary and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. 
  • Free of artificial ingredients, fragrances, dyes, parabens, GMOs, synthetics, or harsh ingredients.
  • All Badger balms are USDA Certified Organic, certified Gluten-Free, and petrolatum-free.
Relief When You Need It! Badger Bill created this original sore muscle rub to soothe his aches and pains from regular Aikido practice. Now it’s your turn to benefit! Experience the power of Cayenne and Ginger to soothe away stress and sore muscles. Perfect for using before and after exercise, after a long day, or anytime you’re feeling a little stiff. Smells great and softens skin – definitely not your typical smelly sports rub! This is our original formula and still a favorite. Rub it in - you deserve it!
Last week I decided to get back on the NIKE Kinect program. I really hate the program. Even more so now because I haven't done it in awhile and it's gotten harder. Way too hard for me. The other day I was supposed to do lunges and squats. Hard, but I pushed myself and got through it. The next day- pain!  Walking (or waddling) hurt, getting up, sitting down, bending over.  Just everything. So I used this. I've had it for awhile and tested it on and off, but this last week was really the test.

And....well it doesn't really work for me. I rubbed it all over my thighs and nothing. Not even a warming sensation. The next day, the same pain. Not even lessened a bit. I think the problem is I have really really chunky legs. And this stuff just doesn't penetrate the chunkiness to do anything for the muscle that hides underneath there somewhere. ButI have used it on not so chunky places- like my neck. And my neck will get hot, and then feel better almost immediately. But since most of the places I would need to use this are chunky- this product is basically a no for me. I get better relief mixing some eucalyptus oil into castor oil. Or even peppermint. Which did help- a lot. 

But I won't skip out on some of other details-just because it didn't work for me. It smells like "essential oils". Mostly of lemongrass but there is a little hint of ginger there. It doesn't stink- but it's not my most favorite essential oil combination either. It's decent. But I didn't buy it for scent.

The texture is balm like.  Takes a bit to absorb but it's not too greasy. Not as easy as a liquid oil or something of that nature.

Packaging is cute-although it can be a little hard to open. But I do love anything that comes in a tin and most tins can be a little harder to open. You get two ounces- which is decent because it will last you a little while. You don't need much-at least I didn't on my neck. My legs were different story. though. 

The ingredients are great! All natural- and they are organic. I don't care if my products are organic- but it certainly doesn't hurt. I like that they use Olive Oil in the ingredients- because most companies will cheap out and use Soybean or Corn Oil.They use high quality oils and sell at a decent price. 

Ingredients:
*◊Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, *Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, *Cera Alba (Beeswax), *Capsicum Frutescens (Cayenne) Fruit Extract, *Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Oil, *Elettaria Cardamomum (Cardamom) Seed Oil, *Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Leaf Oil, *Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, *Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, *Thymus Mastichina (Wild Marjoram) Flower Oil, *Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Oil, *Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Fruit Extract.

I'm a fan of the Badger Company and really love 2/3 products I have tried from them. If you aren't chunky this might be worth a try! As for me, I'll keep searching or stick to my Eucalyptus Oil. And maybe they will come out with a stronger version that will work for me.

Have you tried anything from Badger? What do you use to get over soreness after a good workout? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment