Wednesday, March 1, 2017

MAC Woodwinked Review



I'm trying to get back on track with the blogging. So here I am again. This time with a review on MAC Woodwinked. Not my first MAC shadow, but the first one I picked out for myself. This was back when I stuck with mostly bronze type of colors. I wanted to get a color I could get a lot of use out of. I bought this thinking I would use it everyday. Then because it was MAC and MAC is pretty pricey- especially when you don't buy the pro pan- which I didn't, I just saved it. For special occasions I would whip it out. Then sometimes after this my collection exploded out of control and I had so many options I just didn't reach for this one often. Not because I didn't like it, because I was still "saving it".

MAC Woodwinked claims:
A Warm Brown with a Metallic finish, Veluxe Pearl

This is a very pretty golden brown with a hint of orange. The sheen on this shadow is very vivid and it stands out. A good choice for everyday or special occasions. Just neutral enough for everyday but all the sparkle makes it perfect for nights out or special occasions.

I find out of all my shadows, MAC definitely wears the best. It wears better than Urban Decay, maybe about equal with Too Faced, etc. I get  6 plus hours, and all day wear with a primer. With the right primer it looks the same at the end of the day as it did when I first put it on. 

This particular one is pretty pigmented. Some MAC shadows you have to build a little, but not with this one. But even though it's really pigmented it's still easy to control. Not like some super pigmented shadows that are so pigmented they seem soft and rub off on any and everything. 

As far as it being unique, I'm not too sure about that. I haven't seen many that have the brilliance of this but getting a similar color is not hard to come by.

I really like this color. A lot. One of the more wearable golden colors to me. I've seen this color look gorgeous on a range of skin tones and eye colors. I've seen it do more for other people, but it's not a bad one to have in the collection.

Definitely one of the more neutral colors that I think is worth checking out if you are looking for some nice everyday MAC colors for a palette or even as a single. 

Excuse how rough I look, this is after cooking dinner and working 9 hours. But you can see how natural the shadow looks. This is just it with a little of Urban Decays buck blended into it. 

Do you have it? Would you buy it? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment