Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Sumu Su Green Tea Rice Soap




I posted about this soap a couple of days ago. I decided to try a different brand from my usual. I've been reviewing the same brands over and over again-sometimes it's nice to switch it up. I think this was around four dollars and some change. I got it out the bulk section at Whole Foods. I went to pick up some Lux naturals-which in comparison this brand seems sloppy and not as thoughtful as Lux. The soaps just don't look as nice. They just have the presentation thing going on for them. But I gave them a try anyway.

  1. Sumu Su claims:
  2. Scents – Lemongrass, Litsea
  3. Used To: Moisturize/hydrate, cleanse, exfoliate, refresh




It's a green tea soap. And it doesn't smell like green tea soap. It smells like Lemongrass. Which I love the scent of Lemongrass but I was hoping for some green tea scent. It's supposed to be made with green tea rice water, and it does have a sprinkle on top (although most of the bars there had none!). I would much rather the soap have the green tea leaves throughout the soap. This way most of it fell of.
 
The lemongrass scent is good, but I've had lemongrass in a couple of different brands and it's one that does well in soap. It's not too strong and not too weak. Just right. It's a bright, uplifting scent that is perfect for morning showers.

The lather is nice. Not too drying. Not as moisturizing as some soaps I've tried though. I can skip lotion for the most part with no issues, except for a random dry patch I seemed to have gotten after using this. Other than the dry patch I haven't had any problems.

The lather is great, the soap is cleansing. But it does seem to melt away rather quickly. Definitely keep it as dry as possible between showers. 


The ingredients are great. All natural. All beneficial to the skin.

Ingredients:
Distilled green tea rice water, saponified oils (olive, organic palm, coconut, sunflower), lemongrass essential oil, shea butter, kaolin clay

It's a nice lemongrass soap. It doesn't have me needing to try the rest of the soaps like some other brands made me want to do. But if you like lemongrass, this isn't a bad choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment