Friday, March 24, 2017

My Favorite All Natural Soaps

I've been using all natural soaps for quite awhile. And I did a favorite soaps post awhile back. They weren't all natural though. I had always wanted to switch to all natural soaps. But the commercial stuff was like a lure I just couldn't resist. At one point I used the all natural Nubian Heritage soaps, but once I tried all the varieties I became a little bored and moved on. Back to junky stuff. Then I got on a kick where I wanted to try stuff made in other countries and I picked up soaps from Scotland, Spain, etc from TJ Maxx. And then I landed back at all natural. I've been using the natural stuff for over a year now. And I like it. I think I will stick with it.

So I've tried quite a few out, and these are my favorites so far. The ones I would recommend to any and everyone.

Shall we start?

Note: These aren't in any particular order. 



Lux Naturals Blackberry Sage
I didn't know blackberry sage could smell so good. This soap...smells too good. Fruity, but the sage tames the fruitiness of it, and it just has the best scent. I loved this soap. And the design is super pretty. I've tried two other Lux soaps. And the Blue Haze is nice, but Blackberry sage is just my favorite. Note: This is made with fragrance oil-but other than that completely natural.


Nubian Heritage African Black Soap
Other than loving the fact that this soap is black, this gave me the healthiest looking skin...face and body. It was a tad drying. But this and following up with Shea Butter gave me the best looking skin I've ever had. And it has a nice fruity bubble-gum pear scent. Smells better than that description though. I loved this stuff. My first black soap, and definitely one of my favorites! 


Zum Bar Clove Mint- At first this combination seems a little strange. But it's mint with an edge to it. Mint is probably one of the most plentiful natural soaps scent you will come across. Well, mint and Lavender. And maybe a citrus. And mint is OK. I've had it mixed with a couple other things and so far...the mint clove is my absolute favorite. You just have to try it. 


Kiss My Face Olive Oil Soap- This makes the list because I've never used more hydrating soap than this. It smells like burnt rubber, but the way it makes your skin looks.....it can't be beat. They do have scented varieties. I haven't tried any of them yet. But based on the way it made my skin look, this could not be left off the list. Just don't say I didn't warn you about the smell.



Nubian Heritage Raw Shea Butter Soap
This was my first time smelling the combination of Frankincense and Myrrh. My Jesus soap, as I like to call it. And it smells great. Powdery and exotic, and just plain good. I still pick up the bar in the health store and give it a good sniff. It's a great all natural soap, and a great price too. Give it a try! 

I was going to add Soapbox Cinnamon Soap. But they don't make it anymore-which is a shame. 

I'm kind of surprised the list was so short. I tried to add my absolute favorite ones. And there are a lot of great ones, that I would recommend but that I don't necessarily LOVE. Like Biggs and Featherbelle Mama Bar and Grizzly Bar, Zum Bar Sea Salt, South of France Orange Blossom, Lux Blue Haze. They are great. Just not great enough to make the list.

I think I need to do a post on some of the ones I really, really didn't like to. To give it a little balance. 

Do you have any faves? Let me know in the comments! 
SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment