Sunday, April 9, 2017

Aura Cacia Peppermint Oil



Peppermint oil vs Lavender. I'm not sure which I love more. And it's kind of funny because they are both scents I really didn't like. And now here I am a couple years later and can't go without these oils. 

Peppermint Oil is in my top three must have oils. And it should be in yours too!

Aura Cacia:
The experience of authentic peppermint essential oil is like a cool breeze after a sweet spring rain. At first cooling and bracing, then warming and comforting. Peppermint oil will refresh your whole being and awaken your senses. 

I use it most often for headaches. I had read about it a couple times, but was kind of leery of it. How could sniffing peppermint really get rid of a head ache?  So I tested it on my family members first. Had them dilute it with some Coconut Oil and rub it under the nose and temple. A couple minutes later...headache GONE!  Then I tried it a couple times on myself- and it really does work. One minute, head just aching, feeling heavy and making me miserable. Then a little peppermint oil and before I know it I'm back to normal. What headache? I've literally forgotten I even had a headache most times.

Another thing peppermint is great for is stomach aches. I don't have stomach problems too often. But one time I had the worst stomach ache ever. I endured it for like 30 minutes before I remembered- peppermint oil! Diluted it in some coconut oil and rubbed it on my stomach, plus inhaled it a couple times. What stomach ache? I was amazed how fast it worked.

Peppermint is also invigorating. Spike your moisturizer with some peppermint oil and you will feel invigorated, tingly, and ready to take on the day. I usually just mix mine in with some Shea Butter or Sweet Almond Oil. But regular lotion will work too. 

Sometimes I spritz it around my apartment to freshen it up. Mmmmm.

And I also dab it on bug bites. It helps with the itchiness. And it helps the swelling go down too.

I've used it a couple times to flavor mints I helped my sister make. But I would advise using extreme cautious if you plan on ingesting it. Caution and really research to make sure you know what you are doing.

There are probably a million uses for it. Those are just some of the main things I use it for.

I've had two different brands.This is the first I'm writing about. This is a nice peppermint with an herbaceous note to it, that wasn't present in my other oil which smelled more like peppermint candy. Probably a different mint plant was used. 

This particular plant is Menthe x piperta, produced in the USA. 

A drop will do ya. And the bottle contains .5 of an ounce. I think it costs about $5-6 dollars. Completely worth it when you realize how little you need. Literally a drop for most things. And I think there are at least 300 drops in a bottle. Maybe more.

If you don't have peppermint oil- get some! 


No comments:

Post a Comment