Monday, April 24, 2017

Banana "Ice Cream" with Sweet and Salty Roasted Almonds

Mmmm Ice-cream. My favorite. I've wanted to make ice-cream forever. Real ice-cream. But I keep coming across these "banana ice-cream recipes". And each time I've made it, it's come out good. But this recipe is miles above any of those recipes. This is like next level banana ice-cream and would stand in for real ice-cream in a pinch.

I think it's the addition of the milk. And the sweet and salty nuts. And the little bit of extra sweetness from the maple syrup. You can make it in a food processor, I just whipped out my Vitamix, because I don't have a food processor, and I like the way it turns out in the Vitamix anyway. 

I made the almond milk in the same blender before I blended the bananas, so I had extra fresh almond milk and was able to avoid some of the weird additives in most commercial almond milks. 

After making the Almond milk I chopped up my almonds, mixed in the salt and maple syrup and had something ultra salty. But strangely buttery. You don't notice the salt so much once it's mixed in the ice-cream.
Chop up the nanas more, mine broke my Vitamix...but they sent me a new container. Yay! That warranty is the truth.


This is the BEST recipe for banana ice-cream I have ever tried. I even made it for my sister- but used homemade cashew milk and pecans in place of the almonds and it still came out amazing.

Can't reccomend this recipe enough and I will make it again and again. I'm already planning on making it again this Sunday since I have a bottle of maple syrup just waiting to be turned into this deliciousness. I do still need to get some more bananas, I only have three, and need four.  
 Spongebob photo-bombed and wouldn't let me take a pic without him. Smh. But look how yummy!


Maybe I'll try walnut milk this time.

Click here to check the recipe for yourself. I got it from a Self magazine I had a couple years back. 

SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment