Wednesday, May 17, 2017

The Princess and The Frog: Jammin' Jambalaya



Mmm, Jambalaya. Of course, a new recipe for me. I've never made Jambalaya before. But it seems pretty easy. At least this recipe does. It's not authentic jambalaya. It comes from a kids cookbook, so it's simplified and easier. It's weeknight dinner easy.  Certainly better than the box- at least I think. I'm not sure I've ever had Jambalaya from the box, or if I have it was years and years and years ago.

All I did was chop up the chicken, sausage (I used Chipotle chicken sausage instead of Andouille-because I love chipotle!), onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic. Saute the chicken. Stir in the veggies, chopped tomatoes and rice.


Simmer it.

Add the homemade chicken stock- yes I had some chicken stock I made from the last whole chicken I roasted- I was winning! Brought it to a boil, and then simmered it for about 20 minutes. Added the Worcestershire and hot pepper sauce and done.

It was pretty good. Probably not the best jambalaya ever. But quick and easy. 

Mine came out kinda gummy. Think I got a little carried away with adding the chicken stock. Whoops. Gummy but still edible. 

I did like it, but not really enough to add it to my favorites, or recipes that I would make again. I would probably try another jambalaya recipe next go round,  now that I've gotten this beginner recipe out the way.

Click here if you want to check out the recipe for yourself!

Random: I have spelled jambalaya about 50 different wrong ways in this post along. I have written Jambabalya, jambablya,jamblaya, etc

I'll get it right one of these days. 




No comments:

Post a Comment