Wednesday, May 17, 2017

DIY Poo-Pourri

The first time I saw the commercials for Poo-Pourrie I thought they were hilarious. And I also thought it was completely fake. Because...how would that even work? So I went to Amazon, just to check out reviews, and it seemed real enough. I was intrigued. But not intrigued enough to order. It's nearly 10 dollars...for some poo spray. They do have it in Bed, Bath, and Beyond. So far that's the only store I've seen it in, but I'm sure more places carry it.


Anyway, long story short, I did get a chance to test it out. Sort of. And it works. (such an awkward topic!). But still way to expensive for a little teeny bottle.

So months and months later I was looking at my old fragrance oils, that I don't use anymore, and was trying to think of a way to use them up. Maybe I could make my own poo spray?

Most of the recipes I've come across use essential oils. I needed to use up fragrance oils, and I hate the idea of flushing my essential oils down the toilet. So I decided to just go ahead and try with the fragrance oil.

I have Strawberries and Cream at the moment that I'm trying to get rid of. It makes the bathroom smell very much like strawberries and cream- not real strawberries but pleasant enough. Much more pleasant than...well...you know. 

So it's super easy. 

All you need is-


Vegetable Glycerin
 Fragrance Oil
Rubbing Alcohol
Water (distilled is what people reccomend- I used boiled and just waited for it to cool).

My spray bottle looked crazy-sorry for the cut off picture. Also my Veggie Glycerin flitted off somewhere and I can't find it.

I used about a two teaspoons of glycerin, two teaspoons of alcohol, a teaspoon of fragrance oil -up to preference), and then filled the rest with water.

I used an old Downy Spray bottle. Use any old spray bottle you can find. Or a nice new one.

And TA-DA, Poo pourri! 

All you do is spray a good coating over the water before you go and you're good. 

The actual stuff is a pretty cool buy, and I would probably buy it if it weren't so costly. I like the DIY because I could make it with stuff I had around the house and it was basically "free" since I already had everything.

Would you use it? Buy it or make it? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment