Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Dr. Bronner's Pure Castille Hemp Almond Bar Soap Review


Dr. Bronner's products are slowly becoming one of my favorite brands. I love their Lavender hand sanitizer, the liquid castle soap is the business for cleaning makeup brushes, and their peppermint lotion is amazing- although I haven't tested a full size of it yet! I saw this brand go on sale at my local healthy food store and snatched up the Almond one to test out.

Dr. Bronners claims:
Warm, comforting and slightly sweet & like marzipan or amaretto! Our Almond Pure-Castile Bar Soap is made with certified fair trade ingredients and organic hemp oil for a soft, smooth lather that won't dry your skin. 100% biodegradable in a 100% post-consumer recycled wrapper.

I've tried out the liquid soaps as a body soap and I don't really like them. They just don't have the lather that I like- so I thought I would give the bar soap a chance. Bar soaps typically have better lather. Just to see how I liked it. Almond is a pretty safe scent. Most natural brands seem to have an almond scented soap so I feel like I've tried quite a bit. The scent is nice and almond-like. And it's just strong enough. Sometimes more natural scented things seem to have a weaker scent and I've never had that problem with Dr. Bronner's products. So the scent is great. But doesn't stick to you...like most soaps don't.

The bar is a decent size. It just looks like your regular bar of soap. Nothing fancy here.

It's a harder bar- that means less resistant to melting in the shower. It lathers great and gets you squeaky clean. Without drying my skin. But it's weird because sometimes I think it's moisturizing, other times I feel like I need lotion. Never can tell though.

The soap is completely natural, the packaging is easily recyclable, it's made in the US, and it contains fair trade ingredients! 

You can find out more about the fair trade ingredients and where they are sourced here.

Ingredients:
Organic Coconut Oil,* Organic Palm Oil,* Sodium Hydroxide,† Water, Organic Olive Oil,* Natural Cherry Blossom Fragrance, Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Sea Salt, Citric Acid, Tocopherol * certified Fair Trade ingredients † None remains after saponifying oils into soap & glycerin

I can't believe it's taken me so long to try out the bar soaps-now I think I need to try out every scent...and the Cherry Blossom one in particular is calling my name.

I think they are worth a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment