Monday, July 10, 2017

Balsamic Pork Chops

I'm 28 years old and I have never had pork chops. So I decided to change that this weekend. I've always been curious about them and wanted to try them...at least once. Most pork recipes I come across I substitute it out for chicken. One other time I didn't, I made a pork roast a couple years ago because I wanted to try that too.

I was originally going to sub in chicken but I decided to just go for it and try the recipe as it. I bought two-although the recipe calls for five or six. These are supposed to be humanely raised so they were a bit pricier than your usual grocery store chops- I think. I'm not too sure how much chops usually are.

So I bought two-and got to work cooking them. Salted and peppered both sides. 

Browned them while caramelizing and browning the shallots. The recipe called for red onions but I went with the shallots because I love them when they are cooked down. Although they are quite pricey at $7.99 a pound.

Then I set everything aside and added 2/3 cup of balsamic vinegar and half a tablespoon of sugar. I have a small collection of balsamic vinegars that my parents left here. I picked the blueberry one for this.

I just let that cook until it got thick and sticky. Added the chop and onions back and all done. It sure looked good. 

I loved the glaze. Loved the onions. But I didn't like the "pork" chop. I kept wishing it was chicken. Or even steak. Salmon would prolly even be really good. Anything but pork. 


And let me tell you- my body was not feeling the pork. It made me feel pretty sick. Not too sure why. I made it yesterday and ate the 2nd one for dinner today. I'm going to see if it messes me up too. 

This is my first and last time eating pork chops. But I will definitely make this recipe again-only with chicken, steak, or even salmon. 

No pork. 

I got the recipe from Budget Bytes-in case you are interested in trying it yourself..

No comments:

Post a Comment