Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Escada Desire Me Eau De Parfum Review





I'm so glad I blog. It's my escape from all the crazy things happening in the news. I don't talk politics or news here...because this is supposed to be my happy place. But I think so much has been going on these last few months, it just leaves you with a heavy heart.

 But...let's talk perfume. I'm almost out of my YSL Black Opium. I have a little bit left...I'm saving it for a special occasion. In the meantime, I needed something else to use, so I bought two perfumes from Perfumania. They are discontinued. But that's just fine with me. I like an older fragrance. I think some perfumes get better with age. Some. And I like a discount. So I bought this one and Escada Magnetism. 
Escada claims:
Escada Desire Me Perfume by Escada, For the woman who turns head and flaunts her charms this is afeminine fruity gormand.top notes entice with bitter-sweet citruses and mandarin which open to a pulsating heart of peony and fresh green leaves. The base is a gourmand delight of desirable treats and include notes of edible elements: tiramisu, coffee, cookies, cheese-cake and dark chocolate. 

I didn't know Escada was a UK brand until I saw it on the box. It's made in the UK too. I incorrectly assumed most fragrances were made in France. Except The Body Shop perfumes. I think those were made in the UK too. 

Anywho, the notes in this sounded delectable. Coffee, tiramisu, dark chocolate, cheesecake, cookies. Mmmmm. I've never had a scent with such foodie notes. And I'm a sucker for dessert so I thought I would love it.  It's not all food though, it has mandarin, peony and green leaves- whatever all that smells like.

So..I'm not great with notes. It smells a hint masculine....like something I've smelled before in a man's cologne. But it also has a sort of powderiness to it, that makes it a little more feminine. I'll be honest I don't really like the scent . Especially the top notes. And they seem to last quite awhile unfortunately.

It's just not me. And I thought it would be. How wrong I was.

Hours and hours later it goes kind of foody. And I can see where they get the chocolate, cookie savory notes. That part I love. But I don't notice it very often. Only sometimes. And I only smell it when I put my arm up to my wrist and really sniff. 

It has OK lasting power. Maybe around 6 or so hours. Longer if you put it on your clothing. That can extend it to  the entire day.

I paid around $30 for it. I think it was originally around $80 but I think it's quite a bit older so that's the reason for the price drop. 

So overall...I'm not a big fan. I don't hate it. And I'm hoping I feel a little different about it when the weather turns cooler. I think maybe it's a bit too heavy for summer. And I'm usually a person that thinks you can rock anything in any season.

Oh..almost forgot to talk about the bottle. I like collecting perfume bottles now..and this is definitely not a very exciting bottle. It's rathert boring....but I'll probably keep it anyway.

So....I don't love it. I don't hate it. But I don't like it either. 




No comments:

Post a Comment