Saturday, August 12, 2017

Gladys Knight and The Pips


It's music post time. This time...Gladys Knight. And the Pips. Can't forget the Pips. I love, love, love Gladys Knight. She has such a unique, soulful voice and I love her style and face! That might be a strange thing to say, but she has just has face that looks like she is full of joy. I can't look at Gladys without smiling. But back to the music!

I think my favorite Gladys Knight song is Love Overboard. This clip is from A Different World. I LOVE this song!


Of course, If I Were Your Woman. Alicia Keys tried it, I definitely heard her version first.. But she just doesn't have it like Gladys.



And can't forget Neither One of Us. Classic Gladys song. When music had lyrics that touched you and meant something.  I love her hair in this performance too.



Babyface penned, Gladys Knight vocals. You already know it's a LOVE. This should have been on the Waiting to Exhale soundtrack. It would have fit in perfectly.



I love the original of this song by Barbra Streisand. And I absolutely love Gladys Knights version. That voice!



And one last video. This vid made me laugh my head off....



A couple of other songs:
Everybody Needs Love- A completely different sound from her usual stuff. She really can sing any genre of music, from any decade.
Don't Turn Me Away
I Feel A Song
Best Thing That Ever Happened to Me
I've Got To Use My Imagination- I hear Papa Was A Rolling Stone so much in this song. But I love it! That voice!
Midnight Train to Georgia
Help Me Make it Through the Night
I Hope You Dance- This was off one of her solo albums
I Who Have Nothing- Another solo. No pips.

What's your favorite Gladys song? 

No comments:

Post a Comment