Friday, August 4, 2017

PlantLife Sandalwood Aromatherapy Herbal Soap Review


It's been awhile since I've had this brand on my blog. I just haven't been to TJ Maxx a lot recently Trying to save all the coins I can. But I had to stop in there for something else, and I ended up picking this up. Sandalwood soaps aren't a scent you come across, and I'm really into more unique, old school,  "exotic" scents recently.

Plantlife claims:
Our soaps are made the old-fashioned way. They are hand-crafted using natural ingredients and include pure essential oils and organic botanicals. Known as Castile soap, our base is one of the gentlest and moisturizing of all soaps. We employ the "cold processing" method and do not add heat or chemicals to the soap pots. This process produces a bar full of natural glycerin, which is a by-product of the soap making process. Unlike most soaps on the market today, we do not remove this glycerin from our soap because it is a humectant, which helps attract moisture to the skin and can be gentle enough for even the driest and most sensitive of skin. Additionally, we do not add preservatives, colorants or fragrance oils to our products. Our soap is made with your skins well-being in mind - no harmful synthetics, just pure ingredients from nature

Sandalwoods sensuous and full-bodied  aroma is warming and woodsy. It is believed to transform one's desires and enhance alertness. The perfect soap to use before meditation or romance. Gentle enough for all skin types, especially dry skin.



I really like the brand Plant Life, the only complaint I've ever had with some of their previous soaps is sometimes it's a little light on the fragrance. And I like the scent to be stronger, otherwise, why use an aromatherapy bar? I didn't have that problem with this. It's not strong, but it's not weak either. As for the scent, oddly it smells a lot like patchouli instead of sandalwood. The first time I used it I was completely blown away by the scent. But it didn't seem to smell the same the 2nd time or any time after that. It smells decent. Just not great. 

The lather is pretty good. And it doesn't leave my skin dry in the least little bit. I can skip lotion for days and my skin will be fine. I think it's because it has so much Olive Oil in it (yay for a soap company using so much Olive oil-most use cheaper oils!).

That being said, it does melt pretty quickly. It's not a hard milled or even triple milled bar, so it's softer and melts away pretty quickly. Which can be a bummer, especially for the listed price. I get mine for $3.99 at TJ's but the listed price on the website is $6. Which is kind of high for how fast it melts-but then again it does have excellent ingredients.  It's a good "once in awhile" soap, but not a brand I could ever stick to exclusively.

The bar itself is a grayish color. I like the way it looks.

It's all natural, cruelty free, made in the USA, and comes in very easy to recycle packaging.

Ingredients.
Water, Olive Oil,  Coconut Oil, Palm Kernel Oil, Soybean Oil, Proprietary Blend of Essential Oil, Sandalwood Powder, Frankincense Powder, and Spikenard Powder.

If it could smell the same as the very first time I used this, this soap might have made it to my favorites. It's still a good soap (if you don't mind earthy smelling patchouli scents.) but not one I will be purchasing again. I have seen the Lavender bar floating around, might have to give in and try that one next!


Random:
Have ya'll seen all the drama going on with this palette? It's the Anastasia Subculture. I wanted it (still on a shadow no buy though!), but it's not looking to good. Looks like they might need to do a recall and a repress. I've been following the drama and I really wish companies would learn to communicate better with their customers. I found the owners daughter to get really defensive which is never a good look for a company!  If you've been following it, what do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment