Sunday, September 24, 2017

Shea Radiance Pure Unrefined Handcrafted Shea Butter Review


It's been awhile since I've had quality Shea Butter. I like to try different brands every time. Just to see what's out there. This is a brand that was new in my local healthy grocery type store and I had wanted to buy it for a couple months, but held off because it was almost twenty dollars.Then one day...a sale! So it went home with me.

Shea Radiance claims:
We gently mixed 100% Natural and Unrefi ned Shea Butter to make it softer and easier to apply. Pure Unrefi ned shea butter with all the bioactives.
Th is butter has NOT been refi ned or stripped through chemical or physical refi ning process. No color or dyes added.
Uses: great for hair and body care.
Bene fits:
• Deep penetrating, long lasting moisture
• Great for cracked heels
• Deep conditioning treatment for hair
• Sunburn relief
• Gentle enough to be used on babies
• Great replacement for mineral oil
 and petroleum gel products


You get 14 ounces of pure, unrefined Shea Butter. With that signature smoky natural scent that Shea Butter has. It has grown on me over the years and it almost signifies to me whether the Shea Butter is good quality or not. When the butter has no scent- that usually means the butter has been refined, often a chemical process that strips some of the healing properties of the Butter.

The last Shea Butter I had was mass-produced, bulk, cosmetic grade Shea Butter. It was cheap and waxy. And I couldn't stand it. It really does make a difference in the quality and this is quality shea butter. Although just a teeny bit gritty. It melts easily though and you won't even notice it after it's rubbed in. 

One of my favorite things about this Shea Butter is it's responsibly and ethically sourced. And it benefits the women in West Africa that produce it. Click the link here, they give you more information on it.

So what do I use this Shea Butter for? Everything. Put it anywhere you have dry skin. It's excellent as facial moisturizer, it even provides some protection from the sun. I haven't found anything better for my hair-although I do prefer the yellow shea (mixed with palm oil) more for my hair, I like this too. I use it as a carrier "oil" for essential oils. On my lips. Just every and any where. 

I highly recommend it. If you are looking for a quality Shea butter, this is a great one. The price is a little bit more, I liked getting it for the fourteen dollars I paid for it, almost 20 is pushing it. But if you can find a sale, pick it up!







No comments:

Post a Comment