Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Tony Moly Master Lab Snail Mucin Sheet Mask Review


What's the grossest thing you've done in the name of beauty? I've read some stuff, but for the most art my skincare has been on the more conservative side. I've been hearing about the snail mucin thing for a little while, but I don't think it's something I would have ever actually bought. So I have to thank my friend Tia for getting this for me! Thanks Tia! And in case you were curious, these maks come in other fun varieties, such as jellyfish, oyster, etc.

Tony Moly claims:
Our Master Lab Sheet Mask Collection features an ultra thin hydrating sheet mask made of natural cellulose for even and consistent absorption of active ingredients! Each Mask features a customized formula that targets specific skin concerns: Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin C - Hydrating Water type formula Snail Mucin - Nourishing Essence type formula Ceramide - Moisturizing Serum type formula, Caviar
Snail Mucin - Regenerating and Antiaging

Sooo. I'm not a fan of snails. I don't think there's another animal that used to gross me out more in my younger days.  I remember riding my bike up and down the pavement and finding snails along the way. I would always get off my bike and watch the snail scoot along, leaving a trail of yucky slime along the way. And I would be careful not the run the bike over the slime, because I couldn't even bear the thought of my bike tires touching the slime. 

The slime still grosses me out. But I think there is a disconnect since I don't actually see where the slime is coming from. I don't see the snail. But when I really thought about it, I would be kind of grossed out. I start thinking about how they get the slime? Is there just a big factory? Is it collected in a cruelty-free way? I'm curious to know the answer, but at the same time repulsed when I think of a snail factory. Which means I won't be looking into the topic further. 

Moving on. 

The mask itself has a fresh floral scent. It's not a bad scent. In fact, it's pretty pleasant. I wonder what snail mucin smells like? No, scratch that. I don't actually want to know. 

The mask itself is like most other masks, except more mucous like. I noticed it dripped down and the texture wasn't exactly like the other masks I used. I guess because of the snail mucin? I kept it on pretty much until the sheet dried, to get all the snail juice goodness out. Even though I was slightly grossed out, and I can't believe I just typed snail juice goodness.

My skin seemed brighter, looked smoother, healthy and made me feel glow-y. I definitely had a good skin day after this mask. So much so a random creepy guy tried to come up and talk to me at work on my break- no worries, I made up an imaginary boyfriend. 

Ingredients:
Snail Mucin: Water Glycerin Dipropylene glycol Alcohol Propanediol Methylpropanediol Allantoin Panthenol Olive Oil PEG-8 Esters Snail Secretion Filtrate Butylene Glycol Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract Schizandra Chinensis Fruit Extract Coptis Japonica Root Extract Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract Acorus Calamus Root Extract Perilla Ocymoides Leaf Extract Chlorphenesin Hydroxyethylcellulose Disodium EDTA Xanthan Gum PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil Caprylyl Glycol 1,2-Hexanediol Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer Carbomer Arginine Cyclopentasiloxane Cyclohexasiloxane PEG-10 Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer Fragrance

Overall, it was a good mask.It was a fun mask.  I'm glad I tried it. But I don't think I will be trying it again. I just don't think I can get with the snail mucus thing no matter how great it made my skin look.


Fun fact: I hate snails. But I have tried them. As in...eaten them. They were garlic butter snails. Or something like that. I don't remember how they tasted. And I can't believe I tried it. And I wouldn't try them again. I guess I'm ok with trying weird things once, and then it's out my system and I never want to again.   

Would you try this mask? Would you eat snails? Let me know in the comments!




No comments:

Post a Comment