Thursday, August 31, 2017

Zum Bar Dragon's Blood Goat's Milk Soap Review




More Dragon's Blood. I decided that I couldn't get enough after I tried the bath salts. And because I've still got dragons on my mind from Game of Thrones-which won't be back until next year.  But let's not talk about that. 


Zum Bar claims:
100% pure essential oils
All-natural ingredients
  • Our Dragon's Blood products are commonly used for their antiviral effects. They help heal wounds and soothe skin irritation. 
Infused with Dragon's blood, a moisturizing tree resin, this legendary bar will breathe life into scaly skin.

So...it smelled OK. But definitely not as good as the bath salts. I feel like the underlying  Zum Bar scent that all Zum Bars have is more prominent than the dragon blood scent. . The bath salts are much more exotic smelling. More...spicy and powdery. Just better overall. In comparison the soap was just alright. Not very different from the scent of a lot of their other soaps. 

Almost forgot to mention-dragons blood in a resin much like frankincense and myrrh. It's named Dragon's blood because it's a deep red color. I thought it was a combo of different essential oils at first. I've never smelled the scent of it straight up, but one day I may order some and give it a sniff. Maybe use it to make my own Dragon's Blood oil

The bar itself is not the largest. You get about three ounces of products and these bars run about five dollars. So they are definitely not the most bang for your money. And they don't last very long since they are on the softer side. But it does make a lot of lather and it doesn't dry my skin.

The soap itself it very pretty. It's red with swirls of yellow and black. Not your typical bar of soap.

It is handmade, made in the USA and as far as I can tell completely natural. 

Ingredients:
Saponified Dragon's Blood infused 100% food grade olive, coconut, palm & castor oils, in a goat's milk base with pure essential oils and natural mineral pigments.


All in all, it was OK. I don't think I would buy it again. I would much prefer the bath salts-you can check out the review for that here! 

Have you tried anything Dragon Blood scented? How did you like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment