Monday, October 30, 2017

Bedu Evening Primrose and Vetiver Camel Milk Soap Review


Camels are remarkable animals. And their milk makes remarkable soap.


Bedu claims:
Camel milk is saturated with protective proteins beneficial for skin and is a superb natural cleanser. By virtue of the high amount of proteins, it is most effective in reducing inflammation and speeding recovery of skin conditions such as acne, eczema and psoriasis, and well as accelerated wound healing and reduced inflammation.
Camel Milk contains age defying Alpha and Beta Hydroxy acids (known to plump skin and smooth fine lines). It naturally keeps the skin moisturized and prevents sign of aging, sun damage and pigmentation, with its gentle exfoliating and lightening effect. Rich in Vitamin C, (a natural anti-oxidant) it increases collagen production and improves skin resiliency.
High in vitamin E and Vitamin A, which stimulates cell turnover, Camel Milk protects the skin against pollution and cell mutation that can be caused by sun exposure.
It is a natural source of Essential Fatty Acid Linoleic (known for moisture retention), and deeply moisturizing lanolin, which provides a calming and soothing effect on the skin and is beneficial for all skin types–even the most delicate and youngest skin.
Evening Primrose is considered the best remedy to cure eczema and many other skin-related problems. GLA and fatty acid content in this oil is essential for skin health. Very gentle and can be used as moisturizer to keep dry areas hydrated.
Vetiver fades dark spots and scars, regenerates skin tissues, creates a smoother, younger-looking complexion.
Shea Butter is a natural Vitamin A cream, and a superb moisturizer with exceptional healing properties for the skin. The concentration of natural vitamins and fatty acids in Shea butter makes it incredibly nourishing.

I've used plenty of goat milk soaps. But this would be my very first camel milk soap. And I think I have a preference for Camel Milk soap. I saw this in my local healthy food store in the natural beauty aisle. And of course, I was intrigued. But the soap was about $6 which is more than I wanted to pay. So I wanted and waiting paid off. A couple weeks later and the price was $3.99 with a .50 cent off coupon. So I bought one. And I have since bought three more. And if they are still on sale the next time I go back I'm picking up the last one I don't have that they stock. 


So the scent. It smells almost like a Bath and Body Works splash I had in middle school. I think it's quite floral. And I really like it.Which is kind of surprising. 

This particular soap is the calming/restoring version. And it does just what it claims. I'm always ready to just kick back and relax after I use this. Which is why I try not to use it in the morning. It makes me so calm, I'm just ready to drift off into dreamworld. I think it must the the vetiver. Vetiver is supposed to be very relaxing and great for people that suffer with insomnia. 

The lather is great. It's not drying and a little bit goes a long way. I only need to rub it a little into my washcloth and I'm good to go. 

I also love that the soap doesn't just melt right away like some other soaps. I don't use it often, but I do use it and it seems to be lasting excellently. 

I've been using it as a body soap, but I would definitely buy this again and try it as a facial bar.

Ingredients:
 Sodium Palmate (Saponified Palm Oil), Sodium Palm Kernelate (Saponified Palm Kernel Oil), Water (Aqua), Sodium Shea Butterate (Saponified Shea Butter Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Camelus Dromedarius Lait Powder, Sodium Chloride (Salt), Glycerin (Vegetable Glycerin), Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Vetivera Zizanoides (Vetiver) Root Oil, Curcuma Longo (Turmeric) Root Extract (Plant Based Pigment), Bixa Orellana (Annatto) Powder Organic (Plant Based Pigment), Citric Acid, Tocopherol (Vitamin E).

Only good stuff in the ingredients list! Just what I like to see.

The soap is cruelty free, made in Jordan, uses sustainable palm oil, is scented with natural ingredients, and it's gluten free.

I love, love, love this soap as is evidenced by the fact I bought three more bars and want to try them all. They have a black seed and frankincense, and an African Black soap one that I wish my local store would carry. I might just have to place an order one of these days!


SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment