Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Mango Chicken Salad with Coucous

Or not mango salad. It was supposed to be mango, but my mango was completely rotted when I cut into it (Thank you Wegmans!). So I just diced up an apple and threw it in instead. Which I should do more often. I like apples in salad.

The salad itself was very easy. And of course healthy. 

First I made the couscous. Which I don't remember ever making. I couldn't find Moroccan Couscous. So I just used what my store had. Which was Israeli couscous. I think I used a little less lemon juice than called for, but I just threw the diced red onion, green and red peppers, olive oil, lemon
 juice and water in a bowl and let it set for the two hours. I salted to taste.

Then I cooked the chicken breast on the stove top. Season it first. For some reason that's not mentioned in the recipe. But it's necessary. 

I added the dressing ingredients to a blender and blended away. It was lime juice, vinegar, mustard, honey, soy sauce. It wasn't the best dressing I ever made. But it was decent!

I used a premixed box of lettuce. This one had the frisbee and arugula like it called for in the recipe. It also had cilantro. Which I do not like at all. I wish I had just used the lettuce mix I usually buy. But it's good to try new things.

I assembled and served. And it wasn't bad. I liked the bites of apple. I really wish my mango hadn't been rotten. I'm sure that would have went better with it. It had a little kick from the diced red onion, which I never put onions in my salad so it was new to me. 

Overall, it was aight. I don't think I would make it again. In the grand scheme of salad it's not memorably amazing. But it was a nice one to try. 

I got the recipe from self magazine. Click here to check it out for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment