Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Dr. Bronners All-One Cinnamon Toothpaste Review


Winter is officially here. It's time to bring out the winter coats, turn on the heat, drink gallons of hot chocolate....and blog. I think I blog more in the winter. Most times. Anyway, I have a boring review today. But I thought I would write it anyway. I've been trying to switch to more natural products. Slowly but surely. I still haven't switched my dish detergent, or my laundry detergent. But most of my household cleaning is..more natural. Mostly I've switched the things I'm using on or in my body. Except toothpaste. I ran out one day and decided to try the natural route.

Dr. Bronners claims:
Organic Glycerin, Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydrated Silica, Calcium Carbonate, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda), Potassium Cocoate (made with Organic Coconut Oil*), Organic Cinnamomum Cassia (Cinnamon) Oil, Organic Mentha Arvensis (Menthol) Crystals, Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Flour*, Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Tocopherol, Citric Acid, Organic Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf / Stem Extract
*Certified Fair Trade Ingredient

I bought this for about $4.50. Definitely more expensive than conventional toothpaste. I went with cinnamon as opposed to the mint, because I always use mint toothpaste. So I figured I would try something new. It does coming in Anise flavor. Which is licorice flavor basically. And I hate the taste of licorice. It tastes like ugly. 

But anyway, I don't find the flavor very cinnamon like. It's kind of mild. It's there but it's not. The taste of the toothpaste isn't bad. It's not great. But not bad. But then again, is toothpaste supposed to taste good?

The way it foams up is almost nonexistent. I think it's because I'm used to the commercial stuff. I feel like I have to use 2-3 times as much as the other stuff and I have to brush longer to get to the same level of clean as with the commercial stuff. 

I love the Dr. Bronners company. They support fair trade, they use mostly new ingredients, they are just an all around great company to support. I love their patchouli-lime lotion, and the lavender hand sanitizer. But...this just didn't do it for me.

Ingredients:
Organic Glycerin, Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydrated Silica, Calcium Carbonate, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda), Potassium Cocoate (made with Organic Coconut Oil*), Organic Cinnamomum Cassia (Cinnamon) Oil, Organic Mentha Arvensis (Menthol) Crystals, Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Flour*, Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Tocopherol, Citric Acid, Organic Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf / Stem Extract
*Certified Fair Trade Ingredient

I am open to trying out more natural toothpastes. I would even try the peppermint one they have. I just don't think I would buy this one again.

Have you tried an all natural toothpaste? Did you like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment