Monday, March 26, 2018

Koche Ab-e-Dandaan (Melt in Your Mouth Cookies)

I don't want to brag but I'm a master cookie baker. The only thing holding me back these days is the oven. The oven pretty much has one temperature and that's "burn everything." Which is a bummer because these days I really want to bake. I want to make eclairs and cream puffs and layer cakes and...well everything!

I did manage to make these in a mini oven where you can only make twelve cookies at a time. And this recipe makes thirteen. And yes I did put a whole tray in the oven for one cookie because who wastes cookie dough?

So anyway....these cookies were completely new to me. Most cookies are straight forward. And easy. These were a bit different. I have never come across a cooke recipe where you need to knead the dough for 10 minutes. Usually I just mix until it comes together and bake them up!

Also the flavors were a bit different. Pistachios on top were a new thing for me...but to be honest it really didn't add much flavor. The main flavor was cardamom. Which is the cinnamon of Afghanistan. 

The cookies were themselves were very firm and crisp. And surprisingly, they did melt in your mouth. Usually I like 'em soft and chewy but you can't beat a couple of these with some coffee or black tea. 

So overall, they were easy to make. And pretty good. And if I had a craving for cardamom cookies I would probably makes them again!

Click here to check the recipe I used.


No comments:

Post a Comment