Monday, April 9, 2018

L'oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara Review



I've been planning to get this post up since this mascara came out. It was hyped by pretty much every blogger/vlogger. And I just wanted to see if it lived up to the hype for myself. More than likely, you've already tried it for yourself since it's been out for awhile...but I'll post the review just in case you haven't. Lash Paradise is a spin off of the OG Voluminous mascara. Which is one of my all time faves. So I figured it couldn't go wrong. It's also extremely similar to Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara which is another one I really like. The brushes are very similar and even the packaging with the  pale pink tubes are similar. Although Too Faced's packaging is cuter. 

L'oreal claims:
Take your lashes to paradise! Our 1st mascara for voluptuous volume & length. Soft wavy bristle brush holds maximum formula for a dramatic volumizing charge. 200+ bristles catch every lash for a full fringe effect. Waterproof smooth glide formula provides silky volume in one coat. Lashes are feathery soft to the touch. Women agreed: 3 of 4 women saw volume and length, 90% said it doesn't flake, 95% said it lasts all day.

Usually I'm super careful when I buy mascara- I check and then check again to make sure I'm not picking up the waterproof version. Somehow I still ended up with the waterproof version. I didn't realize it until I got home. And I was way too lazy to take it back and exchange it. So I just decided to suck it up and try it out anyway.

So it is very similar to the Too Faced. But I think it takes a little longer to build lashes up to what would take one coat with the Too Faced. It's also a little less clumpy than it's higher end version. I feel it just doesn't give my eyes the ooh la la factor of Too Faced. But the effect lasts longer. And the curl doesn't fall. And it's way cheaper. Especially if you get it on sale.

It's not bad. It's actually pretty good. But I just don't love it. That could be because I feel like it's destroying my lashes. It's almost impossible to get off. Even with my handy dandy coconut oil. I still feel like it's left on my lashes. I haven't noticed a ton of lash fall...but there has been a little. And I love and NEED every single one my lashes so even that little bit bothers me.

Overall...it's aight. I may try the regular washable version. But the waterproof just isn't for me. I think  regular old Voluminous is still my preference. 


Random:
Have you heard this song? I've had it on repeat the last couple days. I love some Brian Mcknight. He fell off for awhile but I think his music is a little better these days since it sounds like he's playing the piano/guitar and cranking out better lyrics. 



No comments:

Post a Comment