Sunday, July 8, 2018

Grandmaster Flash

I miss old school hip hop ya'll. A lot of what we are stuck with today doesn't come anywhere close to what they had back in the day.

Everyone knows this song I'm sure. But if for some reason you haven't....



If I made a list of my absolute favorite hip hop songs, I'm pretty sure this would make the top ten. Nah, top five. Keeping the 80's alive.

One of the verses alway makes me think of one of my favorite poems by Gwendolyn Brooks.Actually the whole songs kind of reminds me of the poem.

We Real Cool


THE POOL PLAYERS.
SEVEN AT THE GOLDEN SHOVEL.
We real cool. We Left school. We
Sing sin. We
Lurk late. We Strike straight. We Thin gin. We
Jazz June. We
Die soon.

I just recently discovered Adventures of Grandmaster Flash On the Wheels of Steel. Can't Sit Down when it plays. And I recognize a lot of the the songs it sampled. My fave being "Good Times" by Chic. I love me some Chic.
Excuse me while I go jam for next seven minutes and four seconds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment