Monday, August 13, 2018

Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Extra-Moisture Detangler Review



I've been natural for years and years now. And I love being natural. I really do. But I hate detangling my hair. I have the tightest coils and they stay tangled. I can detangle my hair completely and I feel like ten minutes later it's just tangling right back up. Back in the day my mom used to use the Baby Love Detangler. I can still remember the smell. 


I've been searching for it, just to try it out again for old times sake but I think it was discontinued. So since I couldn't find that I picked this up. I was tired of fighting the tangles alone and thought a detangler certainly could't hurt. 

Shea Moisture claims:
"Detangle & Moisturize
DRY, DAMAGED OR TRANSITIONING HAIR
 This lightweight detangler provides perfect slip to help release knots and tangles, minimizing breakage from combing. Formulated with certified organic Raw Shea Butter and natural botanicals to soften, condition and renew damaged transitioning hair."

Most Shea moisture products really don't work for my hair. But there aren't very many natural option in the stores so one of their products usually ends up in my shopping cart. I paid around 10 or 11 dollars for it, if I remember correctly. 

I've been using it anytime I want to do a serious detangle. And if I'm being completely honest, it doesn't seem to make that much of a difference unless I use a TON. Otherwise, I notice results vary more by what shampoo and conditioner I used. Also it foams up a lot. Which is kinda weird. I think I prefer just a spray detangler.

It smells like the rest of the line (but very light...I guess like Frankincense and Myrrh?)  and I don't notice the scent lingering.


So for the 10 or 11 bucks I wasn't blown away. And will more likely not ever purchase it again. 

Ingredients:
Glycerin (Vegetable), Water, Propanediol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Ulmus Fulva (Slippery Elm) Bark Extract, Panthenol, Fragrance (Essential Oil Blend)


But I am open to any suggestions of a decent detangler. I might pick up the Kinky Curly Knot Today because I remember it getting a lot of raves back in the day once I use this one up!

No comments:

Post a Comment