Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Heather Headley



The first time I heard of Heather was when I was randomly reading some magazine. They mentioned she was in Lion King and I really wish I had gotten to see it when she was in it. Usually I forget names like that, but it stuck with me and I recognized her name a couple years later when I started hearing her songs on the radio.

She can sang. I wish she was still dropping albums.


One of my favorites- In My Mind. I usually get stuck on this song and listen over and over with the volume blasting while I try to hit those notes. It wasn't until years and years later that I realized it's a remake. And I love the original just as much. I get stuck on both songs when they come in my shuffle. The original is by Shannon Sanders for reference. 



My next favorite song- I Wish I Wasn't. I also would get stuck on this song. It used to have me in my feelings over an ex. Except I was never in love with him so that part of the song isn't relevant to me. I don't really think about him anymore can still make me feel emotions as though I'm going through it right as I'm listening. Mark of an excellent singer.



And again- because I like this live performance too.



And the last song on my Heather Playlist- He Is. Such a powerful voice. This was on the radio for a couple years before I realized it was Heather.




I really wish I could have seen her in Lion King. Also kind of random- but I love her style. Her makeup, hair, and clothing choices are always on point!

No comments:

Post a Comment